How do i enable in app advertisements in UE4?

I know that from a legal point of view, ads can be added to UE4 games and 5% must be paid to Epic.

However, from a technological point of view, does UE4 support any of the major ad providers (or vice-versa)?

I haven’t seen any SDKs that can be used in UE4 yet, and I also don’t think UE4 generates Eclipse/Xcode projects, so I’m wondering how one would go about adding ads to UE4 projects.

Hello,

If you download our Tappy Chicken sample, that has iAD support built in. So this should be a good example of how to use iADs.

UE4 source (gotten from github) should generate/contain Xcode projects for the mac

Since the source is available on github, if there is an advertising provider you want to use with UE4, i would encourage you to reach out to them so they can build an integration. It should be fairly easy for any of them to add one.

Thanks. I’ve looked through that project, but I haven’t managed to find the iAD support you mentioned (I did find an unplugged game center node, but nothing on iAD). Can you tell me where to look in the project?

1. Open the TappyChicken Project in Unreal Editor
  2. Go to Blueprints folder (it’s in the Content Browser)
  3. Open “BP_MainGame” blueprint
  4. It’s in the lower right corner. Named “EXPERIMENTAL Show Ad Banner”

Found it. Thanks!

Hey I have a doubt, where do I input my ad id?

Wow! That was a quick reply. Seriously, you guys have made it so easy! Thanks a ton! :slight_smile:

Howdy GameEon,

You should be able to enter your Ad ID by following this route:

Edit Tab > Project Settings > Android

Under the Android section, you can locate the Ad Mob Ad Unit ID. You can insert your Ad ID there.

Please be sure to let me know if this helps you with your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

can u plz tell me were exactly admob lib goes or play service lib in here

Howdy airpush_sdk,

I am a bit confused as to what you may be asking for in your comment. Would you be able to clarify a bit more on what you may be trying to achieve with admob libs? Following the route that I have provided above, are you able to see to Ad Mob ad Unit ID?

i am trying to put another lib over there i have found the lib folders , and will place lib and will be trying to call the adformats for same from c++ code through jni . I am creating a plugin . can u help with anything?

Hey Airpush_sdk,

Would you be able to make a new post about this in the C++ section of our AnswerHub? This section is solely for any legal or licensing questions that a may have.

Hello guys,

I am working a mobile game for iOS. I would like to know a bit more information regarding ad id.

I followed the instructions “cankansin” and I am curious about adding id for iOS(if it is needed). I couldnt find any options to give my id in Edit Tab > Project Settings > iOS. here id referers to my apple developer id (correct me if I am wrong).

Please provide some suggestions. It would be very helpful how I can test if iads are active in my game.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Sorry we did not get to this sooner. Since the initial question was posted in the “Legal and Licensing” section, our legal experts did not have a way to answer it.

Can you make a post asking about this in the Using UE4 or iOS forum section? That will make it easier for people with the answers to get to your question.

Cheers!

Hi
i have followed all of your instructions and it they all work (thanks btw) um,but i cant make the ads appear and i have tried everything from toggle visibility to level blueprint test and so on but i have still not found a way to make the ads appear when i test them on my phone adn the same thing with play

Tappy Chicken has advertisement documentation in it. You can also go to Project Settings > Platforms - Android and add in the ‘Ad Mob Ad Unit IDs’. Then you’ll need to [go here][1] and follow the directions to get an Ad ID.

Android Mobile App Developer Tools – Android Developers

hi there
which ad services does ue support for ios via BLUEPRINT nodes?is it just iAD?

Tappy Chicken has advertisement documentation in it. You can also go to Project Settings > Platforms - Android and add in the ‘Ad Mob Ad Unit IDs’. Then you’ll need to [go here][1] and follow the directions to get an Ad ID.

Android Mobile App Developer Tools – Android Developers