"Get all actors of class" node output is an array of (actor) references, and cannot be connected to standard actor arrays

48486-capture.png

as in the image, the output of the “Get all actors of class” is an array of nail references, not an array of actors or actor references. the bottom input of the “contains” is an actor, and the entire blueprint works as-is, but only with the workaround. if you put “none” in the actor classes slot , it allows you to connect everything up. but if you put in your actor class before connections are made, it will say that the nail references are not compatible as actors. what i have been doing is connecting first, and then defining my actor class. it gives me a warning, but everything works fine. I want epic to correct this by making the output of the “get all actors of class”, when filled in, compatible with sets of standard actors or actor references.

Hi alx0427,

What is the variable that you are checking to see if the array contains? Additionally, how are you populating that variable? If it is of a type that is not the same type as “Get All Actors of Class”, it may be causing the warning. I attempted this on my end and did not see this occur.

You must restart the editor for it to throw the warning. The data I’m using is “hit actor” from the break of a line trace

Hi alx0427,

I was able to reproduce this and have entered a bug report, UE-18066, to be assessed by the development staff.