AI stopped moving on updating project from 4.7 to 4.8

Reporting separate issue as requested :- Issues encountered on updating project from 4.7 to 4.8 - World Creation - Epic Developer Community Forums

AI stopped moving

I have a simple AI controller that uses Event tick → Move to Actor. Both the walking AI and the Flying AI don’t move anymore.

Hi ,

I attempted to get the project you sent to Ben and neither of us were able to open the link. Can you private message me the link to your project in google drive so I can take a look? Additionally have you made sure to rebuild navigation?

I have inboxed you link to my project, in case link won’t work let me know and even have my project.
Yes I did Rebuild Paths but of no use as I am not using NavMesh.

Hi ,

I just wanted to let you know I’m still looking into this. I’ll post back here once I have more information available.

Hi ,

I am still discussing this error with the development staff, however I noticed that if I added a navmesh to the level the AI were able to move, even those who were not in contact with the Navmesh itself. Can you try this on your end and see if your AI begin moving? If so it may be a viable workaround until we find the root cause of this potential bug.

HI ,

We have not heard from you in several days. I am marking this thread as answered for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing this error, please comment back with the requested information.