How can i trigger a camera with BP switch?

Hey guys,

i want to activate a camera when the character activates a BP switch. The camera should show the action of the switch. Player activate the switch. Camera switches from playercam to door cam for some seconds and show how the door opens then switches back to player cam.

I have tried some stuff with set view target with blend node but it has not worked right.
It works with trigger boxes so far but not when the player activates the switch.
Any advices? :slight_smile:

Thanks.
Thats is my try in the LevelBP

no one? :slight_smile:

Hello,

I’m not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I took your nodes and moved them to BP Class based on Actor. Then I added a volume there (you can change it for some custom switch with activation and deactivation of course) and made a variable with camera reference (Target Camera) and referenced player character with Get Player Character node. I made Target Camera editable so after placing the BP on the map you can choose in Details tab any camera actor already placed on the same map. It works, but now you will probably need to find a way to immobilize the player during this camera change.

PS I made it in 4.8.3.

I’ve just made some modifications to block player movement when the camera shows something else. It should be useful. :slight_smile:

I got it! :smiley:

thanks a lot Nox but i it´s much easier than that.
The switch a bp that triggers an event. the door opens. and he triggers the camera wich is also a bp.
The problem was that i couldn´t connect the cam to the BP. They key was i thing which is called “self refference” :slight_smile:

So now the player activates the key.the cam switches on the door.the door opens and the camera switch back :slight_smile:

Good you have found your own solution. :slight_smile: Don’t forget to mark your answer with a check mark to the left for others to see this topic as solved.