Launcher my projects not listet new projects

after a clean install at a other pc today using 4.8.0 no new projects are listed in launcher at my projects.
but the engine 4.7.6 do it well …

arrg, just said, switching the default engine other project now appear.

Hi MarkusR,

We are currently investigating this issue. You said that when 4.8 is selected you can only see 4.8 projects and when another engine version is selected you can only see that version. Is that correct?

complicated to say.
no, i start with 4.8.0, no projects appear in launcher, i made 3 or more
projects, also tryed launcher as admin etc.
means i can’t use add to project.
then i installed 4.7.6,delete all 4.8 projects manual, make a new project with 4.7.6 and it appear direct in launcher^^
then i made a new in 4.8 it not appear, after playing with the option default engine all projects appear.
it happens at a pc with windows 7.

it seems starting the 4.7.6 add/show projects from 4.8

video 1 long

video 2 short

We are now tracking several reports of this and it seems that if a project is stored on a drive that is not the same as the Launcher, then it isn’t showing in the Launchers content section.

It’s hard to see in the video, is this also how you are storing your content?

We are investigating the issue and will post back here with updates as we have them.

at this pc i using

E:\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64

E:\Unreal Projects

I have the same issue, the launcher shows none of the projects that I have created, when the projects are created in the Editor (i.e. 3rd person blueprint).

Launcher located in: “G:\unreal4.launch\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64\EpicGamesLauncher.exe”
games/projects located in: G:\UDK.Games and in G:\UDK.Free.Content

now in the this directory of G:\UDK.Games there is one prototype game/project that i’m building. The launcher can find everyone one of the projects, except the one that I really need it to find, called Prototype1, which is the 3rd person blueprint “template” ( i.e. listed in the editor when starting up the editor). Note also that in the G:\UDK.Games directory that are projects that show up in launcher (all 4.8.0 level projects, just like prototype1 is).

This is running 64 bit, windows 7. I tried a suggestion found in another thread, of starting the project up, just by double clicking on the project file for Prototype1. This doesn’t do anything in terms of the launcher being able to find the prototype1 project. The editor starts up fine if double clicking the project file, and then the editor will kick off the launcher, and start it up. But alas the Prototype1 project is never listed in the laucher. (hence I have to do some scrambling around etc, in order to get materials, etc migrated, or to use the “add to project” for say the “splines example”)

Thank you very much for looking at this.

for me at this pc i had the issue i just started the older engine 4.7.6
and this show up created newer projects from 4.8 in launcher,

Thank you Markus,

I tried that as well, and still no joy.

Have done a reinstall of the launcher into the same directory, with no change. Editor sees all the “test” projects i’ve created, the Launcher only sees those projects that it created.

i not mention, the log said a error for registry,
there was only a entry for engine 4.0 i had change to 4.8 and edit the
install path.

Markus,

I also had a entry in the registry for a old 4.0 install that did not exist, I removed that, and still nothing changed, I do have 3 entries, for 4.4, 4.7, and 4.8 but all of those do exist.

Thank you for your information

I wrote up a potential work-around on another thread for a similar problem here:-

If you’re having issues still, could you see if that helps at all?

Swifty,

I just did the edit of the ini, cleaned out some stuff (for the paths to projects) that didn’t exist anymore, and all seems wonderful so far.

Thank you again!

Hi MarkusR,

We haven’t heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please try the suggestion that Swifty mentioned above. Then let us know if it worked for you or not.

Cheers,

TJ

ok, until next engine update i think i can handle this workaround.
you can close this thread if the devs will fix it soon.