Can't Download Boy and his Kite demo from Mac Launcher

The “A Boy and His Kite” demo showed up in launcher this morning. If you go into page, you have to select version (4.8.0), but then it just hangs on “Syncing” and never lets you download

I’m having same issue, its been syncing for a few hours now. I’ve tried restarting launcher and my Mac but no luck. I looked into vault cache folder in /Users/Shared/UnrealEngine/Launcher/VaultCache and I see a folder called KiteDemo473 which is 6.84GB, but I believe this is from Open World Demo Collection since folder’s date created was 6/10. I’m also monitoring Unreal Games Launcher’s network usage and it’s doesn’t seem to be downloading anything.

I’m having same issue. On a Mac, it hangs at syncing. I can download other content, but Kite Demo is stuck on Syncing.

You are correct, that is previously released demo content. new folder should be called KiteDemo_4.8 and will weigh in at 22GB or so for download.

Hi all,

This appears to be a problem with Launcher on Mac. I have submitted a bug report for issue (OPP-3628), and I’ll post here when I see an update. Thanks for report!

I’ve just learned that Kite Demo is only available for Windows, and cannot be downloaded for Mac. Launcher doesn’t seem to say this anywhere, so bug has been updated to get that adjusted. I apologize for confusion.

Understandable but unfortunate. I downloaded it on my Windows machine and copied it over to my mac. I can’t run PIE, but I can navigate levels and look at assets on my Mac. Even not being able to run it, and even considering that vast, vast majority of Macs wouldn’t be able to run it even without crash, it’s still an incredible learning resource. I hope you’ll reconsider letting Mac users download with a caveat or warning, or consider adding it back when Metal support has been fully implemented into editor.

I agree with , I think I will download it through windows but use it on my mac. You should consider to make it available for mac too though it still not run properly. Thanks.

yes since documents aren’t really up to date, it’d be practically only way to learn all new features.

Please make Kite download available for OSX.
We want to use this as a learning resource, even when it will not run on Mac.
Thank you.