Conversion from 4.6.1 to 4.7.3 corrupted all structs and Enums and other stuff

I have structs in my project which I cannot save, or at least UE4 says I cannot save them. This problem occurs on all structs and all (or most) enums and some blueprints which existed before I converted my project from 4.6.1 to 4.7. Structs and enums I create in 4.7 don’t cause any problem.

I am using most recent github 4.7 branch (most recent when I downloaded it, it’s 575bba3942), structs and enums are corrupted, for example if I try to save them I get

“Warning Asset ‘I:/Unreal Projects/Strategy 4.7/Content/Blueprints/Stockpile/StructStockpile.uasset’ cannot be saved as it has only been partially loaded”.

funny thing is, it is actually saved. I can add new variables, save, open again and variable is there, I can rename variables and I can delete variables and all changes are changed after reopening of struct. struct is even working like expected in game. But I can’t any longer create variables of type “StructStockpile” in blueprint functions and I can no longer break “StructStockpile” structs from references inside a blueprint.

If I close my project and reopen it again I get Error

“Error Failed import for IntProperty /Game/Blueprints/Stockpile/StructStockpile.StructStockpile:IronOre_35_34763068470BD69E85342F9239D8A99C”

Actually, Int is named “IronOre” without all this numbers.

If it helps you finding issue here I have uploaded struct. I renamed it from “.uasset” to “.” since I can’t upload it as “uasset”.

[Download][1]

My enumerators are looking like this:

http://puu.sh/gtSV2/fc57370be4.png

Here you have a log:

[Download][3]

I just opened, edited and tried to save some structs and enums. Actually, I was able to save “StructStockpile”, no idea why it was possible. test struct I created in 4.7 also worked to save and one of enums also was saved, again no idea why. For rest I get Error mentioned above.

Hi,

I’ve assigned this to a member of our support staff to look into for you. Please upload an actual . file instead of renaming it. Thanks!

Thanks!
existing references to structs are looking quiet strange, like this:

http://puu.sh/gtNEv/7247ae4c24.png

variable which is set actually is named “RessourcesGathered”.
Maybe it helps.

Actually, I have same problem with all of my Enums and also one of my blueprint actor classes does not want to save.

If this is of any help, just adding this fix https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/5b06ef7cd541deb6dc0c57fc7ed19868ba7a1916

to 4.7.1

breaks enums for me.

yeah this helps I guess, this is exactly fix I need for my project and reason why I compiled from 4.7 branch. How did you know that? You surely have not tried patching with all of commits separately? :stuck_out_tongue:

This was fixed in main by this commit:

I will post an update when I know whether this can be included in a hotfix. If you are making your own build then feel free to pull that change in and report back.

Thanks for detailed bug report.

Thanks Dan, really nice to see this is already fixed!

Unfortunately I am not familiar with all github functionality so I have no idea how to “pull a change back in”. I guess it’s not easy.

I will need to wait until that fix is inside 4.7 branch. Since issue seems to be caused by your [UE-11029] fix which is inside 4.7 branch you can’t really ship 4.7.3 without [UE-10708] fix, right?

So you either need to remove first fix or add second one. Is there any reason why you don’t just add fix to 4.7 branch?

This has now been integrated into 4.7 branch, so if you want to build from that you can start testing.

We were just sorting out whether it was safer to add this change or back out original one. Testing is beginning now, but if you’re keen you can grab change and do your own build from 4.7 branch.

Please do raise new issues in new threads, engine really benefits from this kind of testing.

Thanks, that actually was way more fast than I expected you to integrate it :slight_smile:

I downloaded 4.7 branch and tried to compile it, but unfortunately it does not compile successfully. After ~30 minutes of compiling I get Error

“ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: E:\Downloads\UnrealEngine-4.7 (2)\UnrealEngine-4.7\Engine\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4Editor\Development\UE4Editor-Landscape.lib”

I never had Errors on compiling before, but I have only 17GB free space left on E: drive so this may be a problem, I will clear some space and try it again and see whether it works.

That should be plenty of space - make sure that there are no processes locking file. Check for phantom ubt or vc processes and force them to exit.

I cleared 80GB of space, built it again, and it failed again with same error. There were no phantom processes running. I even had disabled my antivirus program.

I will now try downloading it again from github and build it again.

I did like I said and it gave me same Error again. I created a new answerhub post for this: Can't build 4.7 from source, compile failed - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

Ok, it works. Issue is fixed in 4.7 branch now. I can save all Structs and Enums. I have not used 4.7 project for this but I converted again from my 4.6.1 project.

There is one small issue, but that’s really not important. All “Set Members” or “break” Nodes of Structs which existed before conversion are still ugly:

http://puu.sh/gvrTN/7f96f0fde9.png

If I recreate node or just tick one variable on/off in existing node visual return back to normal.

Logged a bug, that’s a knock on issue.

Ah, engineer working in that area thought this was fixed - what blueprint are you opening to cause this to happen?

Any blueprint which had any “Break Struct” or “Add Members to Struct” Nodes in it before conversion to 4.7.3.
Nodes you see on Screenshot are inside “Initialize” function of “Building” blueprint.

This still happens in 4.6.1 → 4.7.6 and either → 4.8/4.8.1 all numbers, have to recreate bluepritn from struct reference forward.

Hello ,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed set of step to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. What version of engine are you using to reproduce this issue?
  4. Was project that you are using upgraded from an older version of engine?
  5. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that are involved with this issue?