Move To in Behaviour Tree doesn't avoid obstacles

Hello, since i upgraded to 4.7 (release from Git) that the Move To node in the Behavior Tree start working a little bit like Move Directly To. I say this because when i simulate and start dragging the player character around, the AI follows him but when i put the player behind an obstacle he doesn’t avoid it and continues walking in place and somethings never reaches the player.

Hi Xlar8or,

I am attempting to reproduce this in the 4.7.2 launcher build, but my AI are moving as they were in 4.6.1 as far as I can tell. Can you show me how your NavMesh properties are set? Also, if you could give me some screenshots of your Behavior Tree and the blueprints associated with your AI, I can use those to build a test case. Any additional information about your project may help.

Cheers!

Thank you for the reply :slight_smile: I was able to replicate this using using a fresh third person template project using 4.7.2. I created a simple character that has a custom AI Controller that just executes the Behavior Tree. Here is the Behavior Tree i used:

32943-ai1.png

The service used is this:

Here is the video with the issue:

[link text][3]

Thank you for that additional information. I was able to discuss this with the Fortnite developers and find the root cause. It is now fixed internally and we are working to push the fix out ASAP. Thank you again for your report! Let us know if you encounter any other unexpected behavior.

Cheers!

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Hello :slight_smile: I saw the Move To fix in 4.7.3 hotfix and i assumed it’s the fix for this issue i reported. I tried it out but the issue still persists. Just to confirm that :slight_smile:

I double checked the bug reports and can see that was unfortunately a different fix. I can also see that this one is now marked as fixed for 4.7.4/4.8, so if we do have another hotfix it is marked to be integrated into that or if not then 4.8 should include it.

Is it possible to tell what is the commit has that fix, so i can try to cherrypick it? Waiting for 4.8 is at least a month from now :S

Currently the fix is “Shelved” to be tested and worked on more before committing. I have emailed the developer in charge of that particular bug report to let him know that the fix needs to be committed asap. It does seem that this fix is progressing very quickly, so I should hear back from him soon. I will keep this post open until I have word from him.

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Sorry for the wait, I located the github commit for the 4.7 branch:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/40629f0e3f5c6ba1486a7ca44c0b59fabce978a4

I hope that this helps! Please let me know if it does not and I will inform the lead AI developer.

Cheers!

That’s it ! Thanks :slight_smile: