UE4 crashes when opening existing map in 4.7.0

I have had an existing map working fine but when I try and open the map in the new version it just crashes. I have looked at the log but it doesn’t show anything obvious and I was hoping something might appear in the DMP file.

I have attached the log and DMP fileslink text

Hello JDLOKI,

From which version of the Engine are you converting your existing map?

Could you provide me with the callstack the crash is producing as well?

Are there any assets, within the map you are trying to open, which are unique to the level?

Cheers,

Hi ,
I was converting from 4.6.1 I’m not sure where to get the call stack from, no option appears to get the callstack when the crash report appears.

The crash appears whilst loading the map, so there is nothing unique to the level that I havnt had in the previous map

Cheers and thank you for the prompt reply :slight_smile:

Hey ,

Could you also provide me with you dxdiag?

I believe I have found your crash within our internal crash reporter, and need a bit more information to determine if this is the same crash you are experiencing.

Thank you,

Hello again ,

I have since done some testing and I think I have just fixed it woop woop

So the starter map and minimal default map’s both opened without issue so I concluded it must be something within my scene that the new version didn’t like.

After a lot of deleting and saving to isolate the problem object/s, it turned out to be the light rays I was using in the scene. The god rays used a blueprint to align to the same direction as the directional light.

But now the map opens in 4.7.0, I just need to recreate the light rays.

I now some other people were having some similar sounding issues with opening maps in the new version so maybe saving a version of their map without blueprint objects to see if it is the same issue.

Thanks again and I can provide more information to help any future issues if you would like.

Hey JDLOKI,

I am glad you were able to troubleshoot your way to the location of the issue and find a solution!

I was starting to think it had something to do with a specific asset within the level you were using that was causing the problem.

I will mark this question as resolved for tracking purposes. If you discover any new issues or have further questions please don’t hesitate to post a new question here on the AnswerHub.

Cheers,