4.7p5 Blueprints w/ Flipbooks added to map are always static

I have spent at least 8 hours trying to get to bottom of this bug, I’ve been through a million permutations of problem, but hopefully I’ve finally got steps nailed down.

To repro: Create a new project based on TPP. Import an an image, create sprite, and create flipbook for it. Set collision bounds on sprite and flipbook to use first frame as collision.

Create a new BP, say BP_Test. To this add a single flipbook component. It should be Movable by default, double check this. Under Sprite, select your new flipbook. Enable Generate Hit Events. collision should be BlockAllDynamic by default. This BP needs no code.

In TPP character blueprint, add following code:

Now drag at least one copy of BP_Test in world. Run game and bump into this object. You will see errors in output and message logs that it couldn’t move object because it is static. Even though everywhere you see in editor it says its movable, if you put in debug prints it will say its movable etc.

Press F to dynamically spawn a BP_Test in world. If you run into this one, it reacts properly with no error messages.

Sorry Third Person Shooter. I didn’t try it in that project.

Hey ,

I’m not sure what you mean by “TPP”. Does this same behavior occur in a new 2D Side Scroller project?

Hey ,

Thanks for report! I was able to reproduce this in 4.7 Preview 5, but it appears to have already been fixed in our internal build. I would expect this to be working correctly in our next Preview build, or at least by 4.7 Official. Let us know if you still have issues with this in future builds. Thanks!

I think this might also be a mobility issue. I can reproduce it @head in 4.7 as described with a Flipbook component set to Static mobility, but it works fine with Moveable mobility (see graph for my test case).

Cheers,
Noland

Err sorry, just saw note about it being already marked as Moveable. It sounds like it was a bug in 4.7p5 that has since been fixed then.

Cheers,
Noland

@-Noland - you rang? But seriously why was I mentioned?

I wrote @head to indicate latest changelist in 4.7, apparently that’s your underlying username or something :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Noland