How to partial use of Root Motion From Everything

Hi.

I Have some animations for char start run, i’ve used blendspace to blend them.
they needs root motion enabled but the run animation don’t need.
but when i enable Root Motion From Everything there’s no way to disable it when start run animation ended.

How to partial use of Root Motion From Everything?

Hey, I’m having the same problem and have not worked it out yet. I haven’t managed to get any method of Root motion working properly in 4.6, even with the old montage method.

Have you had any luck at all? Even with the old method? I can get vertical root movement but no horizontal movement.

Any ideas?

But i did find this post from about a month ago:

EDIT: Figured out the old method still works, but my blend out settings were blending out the motion before the horizontal root motion had a chance to have any effect.

Hi khatar_matar,

You wrote in your question, “I have some animations for char[acter] to start running. I’ve used blendspace to blend them. They need root motion enabled…”

The way the default character is set up to run in the epic tutorials, they use a blendspace from idle to walk to run as well. The transition from idle to run is driven by the speed of the capsule driving the character animation. (ie stop = idle animation/fast = run animation and in between = walk animation.)

Please describe why you need root motion enabled for your character to start to run and I’ll try to offer assistance from there.

Thanks

i have animations for 180 degree of start run, 6 for slow start run and 6 for fast start run, if i dont use root motion not the rotation neither the speed sync with the animations and it results bad for me.

I believe the solution to your issue is to have Root Motion from Everything enabled in your AnimBlueprint. Then create two run animations: 1 with “root motion enabled” in the animation itself -the other with “root motion disabled” (uncheck the box in the animation itself)

In the state machine, you would use the root motion enabled animation when the character starts to run. When the run finishes, use the second animation with root motion disabled inside the state machine.

Let me know if this works for you -Thanks.

I already did what you said, but when the run animation with root motion disabled start playing, the char stucks in place.

Would it be possible for you to supply the asset so I could test it to see where the problem is occurring?

I think there’s no problem with asset, because when i enable Root Motion From Everything in Third Person Template with no root motion enabled animation, the character stucks again.

I’ve got the exact same issue, in UE 4.6 Root Motion From Everything assume that every animation has root motion (the check box in animation is ignored).
I tried switching to branch UE 4.7 few days ago and it was fixed.

Hi Khatar_matar,

I believe this has been fixed in 4.7. Can you try this with Root Motion From Everything enabled in the AnimBlueprint? -Also, in each AnimSequence be sure to have Root Motion enabled.

Thanks

hi.
it worked on latest UE4 source from Github, but i have new problem. when start run animation ends character stucks for a while then start moving, how can i have a smooth transition from a root motion anim and a InPlace one?

Since the initial issue is resolved in the latest version of the engine, please submit your second question, “How can i have a smooth transition from a root motion anim and a In-Place one?” as a new post with a link back to this one. -Thanks!

Hi. The new question’s link: