Crash when stop playing in the editor

This is something that hapens a lot. Below is one of many reports:

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

Fatal error: [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.5\Engine\Source\Developer\MessageLog\Private\Model\MessageLogListingModel.cpp] [Line: 70]
Critical Error NavigationSystem //Game//Tobias//Maps//Worlds//Demo//UEDPIE_0_L_WorldDemo_Sid

KERNELBASE + 24684 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 3174852 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 1677215 bytes
UE4Editor_MessageLog + 241173 bytes
UE4Editor_MessageLog + 241423 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 1077733 bytes
UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 4172422 bytes
UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 1898852 bytes
UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 6486374 bytes
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() + 3524 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.5\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2129]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() + 479 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.5\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:133]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() + 26 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.5\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
UE4Editor!WinMain() + 249 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.5\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:201]
UE4Editor!__tmainCRTStartup() + 329 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]

My specs are:
Windows 8.1
i5-2400
12gb Ram
AMD 6870

Hey TobiasRusjan,

Thanks for the report. This is a known bug and the fix is implemented in 4.6.

Regards,

Jonathan

Ok, thank you Johathan.

Glad to help. You may be able to bypass the problem by using the 4.6 preview with a copy of your project (don’t convert your current one unless you’re 100% sure there won’t be any conversion problems). The full release of 4.6 will be more stable than the preview, if you would rather wait.

Hey Jonathan, I am on 4.6.1 and I found this thread because I have this exact same issue on the exact same line of code.

Is this a known issue?

Yes, it’s a known issue. I was incorrect when I said it was fixed in 4.6, we’re still investigating the cause.

Thank you for the update!

I’m running into the same issue. I’m on 4.9.1 and just tested on 4.9.2. Part of my project is made in 4.8.3 and it worked then. :frowning:

Hello MagnusAnder,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  2. If so, could you provide a detailed set of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  3. Could you provide more information on exactly when your project crashes (example: on closing the editor, on ending Play in Editor, on exiting stand alone)?
  4. Could you provide the complete call stack from the crash that you are receiving?

Hello MagnusAnder,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.