Blueprint Communication Changed in 4.5?

I am having issues adding video/images to my post here, so I cross posted into the forums with everything here:

Edit: Got the images to work :slight_smile:

I have 2 blueprints (sky/weather & ocean) that pass values between each other, and in some cases call a function on the other blueprint, which I have tested in both ver 4.4 and 4.5 with completely different results.

To make sure I was doing it correctly, following [this page][1] in the documentation, I created the same situation in both, below is 4.4 - This is the function I am calling:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14351&stc=1&d=1413471666

And now I am calling the function from my Ocean blueprint:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14352&stc=1&d=1413472066

Everything works just fine, however in 4.5 the only way to call this function is from a “SKEL_BP_Skydome” variable, which cannot be created. Because I wan’t you to see the menu I have open, I created the following video, this is version 4.5 (Please watch in full screen):

As you can see, the only way I can call "Set Sky Parameters" is with a "SKEL...." variable, which I can not create, if I try and right click on the variable input for the function, it will not allow me to "Promote to Variable" either. Beyond that, there was no "SKEL..." types in 4.4, looking through the list I could not find any.

Is this the intended behavior (ie is this no longer possible to do) and if so why? Thank you!

Ok, this is caused by an experimental in 4.5 called “Use New Blueprint Menuing System”, so if you guys at epic want to test this out, turn it on, all your variables that are other blueprints will need to call a function from a “SKEL…” type, which don’t exist. They are apparently used in code for a blueprint skeleton class, for some reason the BP compiler is looking in the wrong place. You will no longer be able to call functions on other BP’s (you can call get/set variables however…).

Turning this off has fixed my, but you may have others asking this question in the future if they turn this on like I did.

EDIT: Here is a video showing the difference when this setting is turned on/off.

Thank you. :slight_smile: