Launcher not recognizing internet connection, cannot download the editor

I just purchased an Alienware 18 - 3.1 Ghtz quad core, dual Geforce GTX 880 graphics, and 32 Gigs of memory.

The website will not let me access the download page from this machine, so I got the .MSI file from my laptop. I went through the install instructions on the answerhub and could not install it on this machine.
I have high speed Wi Fii. Attached are the messages I am receiving.

I am logged into my account online while I am installing this - so internet access is full-on.

thanks
jlnsvfx

Attached is the log filelink text

Looks like the launcher was installed by the msi as expected. Sounds like you may be running into a some sort of firewall issue preventing the launcher from reaching the internet. This thread may point to some helpful info: Launcher Error Message: Did not get a response - Getting Started & Setup - Epic Developer Community Forums

I have internet access - checked programs allowed through firewall and added Unreal engine. Still will not load and I get the same error windows.

What I can’t understand is that I have Adobe cloud, Autodesk 360, Virtual Battlespace, Nvidia Network, Mental Ray Satellite service, and have no problem with any of these. All of them loaded just fine.
Why is Unreal Engine different and what is creating these error messages.

thanks,

I am getting these messages on both Laptop and Desktop computers.

16021-capture.jpg

Looks like Unreal Engine is only allowed through the firewall on Public networks. Can you try checking the “Home/Work (Private)” checkbox next to Unreal Engine and let me know what happens please?

Yes changed it with no results. I noticed that when I took my laptop home and connected to my home router it worked. Can you think of anything else it might be.

It seems likely that this could be a corporate firewall / proxy server at your place of work blocking access to our services.

Yes I think that is the case - I will have to get an exemption to open a port to allow UE in.

thanks for the feedback!
Julian