Editor Lagging when moving nodes?

While using Unreal Engine, the editor will lag (from 120fps to 60fps) whenever I drag nodes around or if I’m dragging to make a new connection from a node.

Even weirder, if I move the editor’s main window to my second monitor the issue will be resolved intermittently. (restarting the engine or moving it back to the main monitor brings the issue back)

Things I’ve tried: disabled Shadowplay, tried out different versions of Unreal, trying it in a blank project

Another thing to note is that this started happening when I reinstalled Windows 10. Drivers are all up to date too. My main monitor is 144hz and my second monitor is 75hz if that matters.

Drivers are all up to date too. My
main monitor is 144hz and my second
monitor is 75hz if that matters.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the editor actually disliked that. Can you set both to 60Hz just to see how it behaves. At least you’ll know if it had anything to with it.

I also run 2 monitors, 1@60Hz and 2@75Hz and can’t see an issue like this. GeForce card.

So I reset both monitors back to 60hz and the issue remains and frames drop even further on my 1st monitor to 30fps (from 120fps).

Once again, once I move the main Unreal Engine window to the second monitor the stuttering seems to go away (even if I move just a blueprint window back to monitor 1)

Could there be some other display or monitor setting that I have set by default to cause this? I haven’t changed any monitor settings to my knowledge since re-installing windows besides updating the refresh rate.

Solution: Found this reddit thread from 21 days ago that basically sums up the issue that I have: https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/comments/l9lud0/426_blueprint_tooltip_fps_drop_and_drop_down/

Turns out it’s due to the latest Nvidia driver not working well with Unreal Engine. Had to downgrade from 461 to 460 and the issue went away.

Wicked find. Thanks for the update!