how to roll under the obstacles in unreal

i followed tons and tons of tutorials but the charcter still doesnt roll under the obstacle

Try turning on your capsule visibility (uncheck hidden in game) and see if it’s height is reduced during the character roll. If not then when you initiate the roll you need to reduce the height and increase it once the roll is finished.

thanks its rolling now but for some reason it doesnt for the other obstacle that have more hight and i reduced te roll to 15 why it doesnt

Check the collision of the static meshes it can’t roll under. Maybe the collision volume is too simplified and there is no hole for the character to roll under (it could be just a big box that is the whole extent of the mesh)

Turn on simple collision visualization

Run convex decomposition (bottom right corner of details panel) if the collision is too simple, testing out settings until you get something workable.

is this complex or simple

i didnt find this

thank you i had to turn on thiis from window and it fixed it

And looking at the green collision it is too simple. You need to regenerate it with more vertices. Then the roll should work under it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.