Material question: Can we blend multiple phys materials in a material?

Hi,

I need to blend bewteen multiple phys materials within a material. I can not use terrains because I create my levels based on tiles with random materials on them.

Example: In the attached screenshot I’ve shown a quick example of a very basic material I’d like to use. There are two material functions. One for snow and one for grass. I want to play different footstep sounds, depending on which material the player is walking. Unfortunately I couldn’t figure out how we can blend between multiple phys mats in a shader. As you can see, we have only one slot in the material:

So are there any workarounds to achieve this?

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel

you can use one phys material per material.

workaround - use some another system for footsteps, for example - define different sounds by some volumes placed in level.

I think your best bet would be to make a landscape then set physical mats per layer info. As far as I know there is no support for physical materials in material functions, you might be able to do this with Material Layering but I think its no longer supported by epic.

Thanks for the answers!

I can not use landscapes because I’m building levels on runtime with different tiles. As far as i know landscapes are not editable on runtime.
The idea with volumes is good but in my specific case hard to manage because all levels will be generated procedurally. Placing volumes in designed levels would be much easier.

Could you imagine another - more procedural friendly - workaround?