DataPrep asset not importing FBXs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DataPrep asset not importing FBXs

So I created a DataprepAsset and try to import multiple FBX files using the Inputs and selecting the folder, but when I click on the Import icon nothing happens, no files are imported. Is this a bug? I enabled all of the DataSmith plugins, FBX DataSmith import plugin. Any ideas? I'm using 4.26. Thank you

I am having the same issue. Are you using Maya to create your fbx files. I do not think datasmith can properly ingest fbx files created from Maya's fbx exporter.
    All have in my scene is a sphere and all i want to do is use dataprep to set the LODs

Comment

I got a response from Epic rep stating that: At this time Dataprep can only import the files that are supported by Datasmith. This means that you can only import FBX files that were exported from Deltagen or Autodesk VRED. The list of files support by Datasmith can be found here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...pes/index.html

It does not make any sense whatsoever, because FBX is a cross platform format so it shouldn't matter what software is used to generate it.

Comment

Hello all,
        this is more a legacy, organic growth issue: the visual dataprep was added first to support datasmith import pipeline. This pipeline was loading udatasmith, CADs format and custom fbx from deltagen and vred. The normal FBX is going through another route.
        We are currently reworking and factoring the import and data preparation pipelines. This has been identified and is waiting for bandwidth and prioritisation.

Comment

Working...
        X