Rhino - import meshes with modifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhino - import meshes with modifiers

Although UE4 is supposedly finally importing Rhino meshes, it is not importing geometries with applied Edge Softening, Shut Lining, etc. I miss that feature very much!
    Attached Files

Now, Rhino 7 is available, and because I was left without any answer I would like to bump this wish a little.

Comment

Try datasmith exporter plugin or use the use rhino mesh option from importer
      Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Designer AEC, Unreal Engine
      Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

I tried both ways (exporting as udatasmith file from Rhino, and direct CAD 3dm import in UE4), they are not importing desired (modified) render meshes. I selected "Import Rhino Meshes and UVs" in Datasmith Import Options.

I tested Edge Softening, Shut Lining, Curve Piping, Thickness, and Displacement - none of was imported correctly to the Unreal, instead of I had unmodified meshes, curve piping didn't land in UE4 at all.

Attached Files

Comment

I see send me the rhino file at pierrefelix.breton@epicgames.com we will have a look
          Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Designer AEC, Unreal Engine
          Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

Thanks for the response.
            I've sent the model to your e-mail, if you didn't receive it or you have other requests, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
            X