Missing Datasmith Plugin / Can't import datasmith content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Datasmith Plugin / Can't import datasmith content

I've googled this issue, but haven't found anyone describing the particular problem I'm having...

I have used datasmith in the past to bring my 3DsMax content into UE4, but now I can't seem to do it. I'm on a new installation of UE4, and I have no "Datasmith" button at the top of the screen as I remember it.
    • I installed the datasmith plugin via the Epic Games Launcher to this version of UE4 (4.23)
    • In my project, I went to Settings>Plugins and made sure the datasmith content plugin was turned on (it was)
    I am at a loss on how I should import my datasmith content. If I choose to manually import an asset in the content browser, it doesn't seem to recognize my .udatasmith files.

I have tried uninstalling my 3DsMax exporter plugin, reinstalling it. I have also removed the plugin from UE4 (4.23), then reinstalled it. Still nothing.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

Alright I found the solution, in this post in a separate thread:
    Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
    • If you are using the new UE 4.24 version, then Datasmith is automatically included in the engine, and enabled depending on the type of project you create. For other project types, it can also be enabled from the Edit > Plugins > Importers menu.
    I am actually using 4.23, but I had to navigate to this option to be presented with a prompt to convert my scene to an Unreal Studio scene and then restart. This made the datasmith button appear. I'm hoping that in 4.24 and later this process is a little more intuitive.

Comment

Working...
    X