Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with scale texture from sketchup after datasmith

Good morning to everyone,

I am new to Unreal Engine and I am having some issues while trying to import my Sketchup models using Datasmith.

When I import some datasmith model, the design and scale are well imported but when I try to use some textures from the "started content pack", the proportions of the texture get wrong.

I enclose some images: sketchup model, unreal engine import, texture problem compared with a cube a created in unreal engine, texture close up.

Thank you for your help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura.PNG
Views:	208
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1750161Click image for larger version

Name:	158755424932193549.png
Views:	116
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	1750164Click image for larger version

Name:	158755424932193549-1.png
Views:	121
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	1750163Click image for larger version

Name:	158755424932193549-2.png
Views:	115
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	1750162

I've seen this problem as well and I think it happens if you apply materials on the groups and components in SketchUp instead of on the faces in the groups/components. The same when you apply a material without a texture in SketchUp. In those two cases, UVs are scaled totally different when datasmith exports/imports.

So in short, in SketchUp;
    - apply materials always on the faces directly.
    - if you just need a color and no texture, apply a white texture in sketchup and mix it with the color you want using the color slider in SketchUp.

Comment

Hello,
      But in this case, the object is not a group in Sketchup, and it has no materials. I want to paint it with the materials from the Started Pack, and that is when this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by rabanilloguay1 View Post
        ...and it has no materials. ...
        You get the same problem if you apply a material without a texture in SketchUp or don't apply a material at all.
        In those cases, Unreal / Datasmith creates UVs for you and these UVs are scaled very small.

So; just apply some material with a texture in SketchUp and apply materials from the starter pack in UE and you're fine.

Comment

Working...
        X