Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Datasmith crashes editor on every second reimport.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datasmith crashes editor on every second reimport.

Hi. Here is the bug. I import datasmith model, everything is ok. Then i made fixes, and click reimport in unreal and editor crashes. After restarting editor, a made reimport the same way, and it reimported with no problems. Than, on next reimport crashes again. Literally, only first reimport is working. I ve send crash logs already, few times. How can i help more in solving this bug?

Originally posted by Courvee View Post
    How can i help more in solving this bug?
    Please fill out the Bug Submission form (https://epicsupport.force.com/unrealengine/s/) so our staff can reproduce and investigate the issue.

Thanks
    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Ok. Did that. Check please ) Case # 00162760
      Last edited by Courvee; 03-17-2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I am also having this issue. I hope it is addressed soon.
        Eldridge Felder

Animation/Visualization Manager
        WorthGroup Architects

Comment

I actually just figured out a temp solution that seems to work for me.

When UE4 crashes, take a look at the crash report that immediately displays whenever UE4 crashes. It should display a line that shows the problem file that is causing the crash. In my case this was the same object that I modified. Return to 3dMax (whatever software you're using), select the problem Mesh, edit by element, select all, detach to a new object and rename, exit element mode, and delete the original object. Now your modified mesh should be in a new object completely disconnected from the problem mesh. Export now into UE4.

It should be fixed. But you might need to reassign materials. Hopes that helps!
          Eldridge Felder

Animation/Visualization Manager
          WorthGroup Architects

Comment

Working...
          X