Cannot export the active 3D view - Revit 2020.2 / Datasmith plugin 4.24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I've got the same problem, with any project. The fact is that I only got it on my workstation but not on my laptop. Both have the same Revit 2020.2, but not the same addins installed. The laptop has less addins and I can get the export done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Revir2020.2_ribbon_HPZ8G4.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	1744996

Click image for larger version

Name:	Revir2020.2_ribbon_MSI.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1744997

What do you think? Could be one of these installed?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i, I have the same issue about the export to twinmotion

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Steelbound View Post
    Is there a way for us to get that custom version of datasmith too? we have the exact same problem.
    Originally posted by Delsig2 View Post
    Same problem here, wait for a fix.
    Using 4.23 exporter on 4.24 project give me some strange behaviour on the material (the mesh from linked file come with the same and only material from default phase) never seen before.
    Get in touch with us in private (pierrefelix.breton@epicgames.com) and we will see what we can do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same problem here, wait for a fix.
    Using 4.23 exporter on 4.24 project give me some strange behaviour on the material (the mesh from linked file come with the same and only material from default phase) never seen before.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a way for us to get that custom version of datasmith too? we have the exact same problem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by arcitek View Post

Can you export Revit 2020.2 using the Datasmith exporter and 4.23? I am concerned because i have two projects that are now in Revit 2020 and I am not encouraged by the things I am seeing using 4.24 with them. I'll give it a go in 4.24 but getting a bit nervous.
    Yes it's a correct workflow at the moment, export in 4.23 and raise to 4.24 version then if you need.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FrankiePibbs View Post
    Revit 2020.2 Is keeping many troubles, maybe they enforced a security control and some internal changes into project files structure...
    Can you export Revit 2020.2 using the Datasmith exporter and 4.23? I am concerned because i have two projects that are now in Revit 2020 and I am not encouraged by the things I am seeing using 4.24 with them. I'll give it a go in 4.24 but getting a bit nervous.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pf_breton View Post

send me an email at pierrefelix.breton@epicgames.com so we can have a look?
    I just sent you the file. Thank you for your help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So far we have identified the issues on our side (the exporter plugin seems to trip over some entity types and fails). Ping me privately at pierrefelix.breton@epicgames.com if you have cases where our revit exporter crashes as reported in this forum we will see how we can help out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Revit 2020.2 Is keeping many troubles, maybe they enforced a security control and some internal changes into project files structure...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all,

If this could help : I have the same problem and I cannot export from revit to datasmith with the same export error message.
    The weird thing is that I can export an older file without problem (and only one...) but every other file has the same bug. I tried filters, removing phases, materials... and that doesn't help. I even tried to create a new file (revit 2020.2) from scratch with an official autodesk template and ... same error.

The file that works on export was created with revit 2020 (not 2020.2), so I tried to convert that file to a template for a new project with revit 2020.2 and got the same export error as the other files.

I tried to revert to revit 2020 without the 2020.2 patch, but every time I uninstall it, it installs the new one (2020.2) ...

Perhaps the 2020.2 update may cause this problem ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having this exact same problem! Need a fix urgently :/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Vyrwn View Post
    I also have the same issue...
    I can export the template models but once I load a project I get the error mentioned above.
    send me an email at pierrefelix.breton@epicgames.com so we can have a look?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok then, we wait for your idea back!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks we’re looking into it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X