No announcement yet.

Cannot export the active 3D view - Revit 2020.2 / Datasmith plugin 4.24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit 2020.2 Is keeping many troubles, maybe they enforced a security control and some internal changes into project files structure...

Comment

So far we have identified the issues on our side (the exporter plugin seems to trip over some entity types and fails). Ping me privately at pierrefelix.breton@epicgames.com if you have cases where our revit exporter crashes as reported in this forum we will see how we can help out.
      Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Designer AEC, Unreal Engine
      Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by pf_breton View Post

send me an email at pierrefelix.breton@epicgames.com so we can have a look?
        I just sent you the file. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankiePibbs View Post
          Revit 2020.2 Is keeping many troubles, maybe they enforced a security control and some internal changes into project files structure...
          Can you export Revit 2020.2 using the Datasmith exporter and 4.23? I am concerned because i have two projects that are now in Revit 2020 and I am not encouraged by the things I am seeing using 4.24 with them. I'll give it a go in 4.24 but getting a bit nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by arcitek View Post

Can you export Revit 2020.2 using the Datasmith exporter and 4.23? I am concerned because i have two projects that are now in Revit 2020 and I am not encouraged by the things I am seeing using 4.24 with them. I'll give it a go in 4.24 but getting a bit nervous.
            Yes it's a correct workflow at the moment, export in 4.23 and raise to 4.24 version then if you need.

Comment

Is there a way for us to get that custom version of datasmith too? we have the exact same problem.

Comment

Same problem here, wait for a fix.
                Using 4.23 exporter on 4.24 project give me some strange behaviour on the material (the mesh from linked file come with the same and only material from default phase) never seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbound View Post
                  Is there a way for us to get that custom version of datasmith too? we have the exact same problem.
                  Originally posted by Delsig2 View Post
                  Same problem here, wait for a fix.
                  Using 4.23 exporter on 4.24 project give me some strange behaviour on the material (the mesh from linked file come with the same and only material from default phase) never seen before.
                  Get in touch with us in private (pierrefelix.breton@epicgames.com) and we will see what we can do.
                  Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Designer AEC, Unreal Engine
                  Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

i, I have the same issue about the export to twinmotion

Comment

I've got the same problem, with any project. The fact is that I only got it on my workstation but not on my laptop. Both have the same Revit 2020.2, but not the same addins installed. The laptop has less addins and I can get the export done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Revir2020.2_ribbon_HPZ8G4.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	1744996

Click image for larger version

Name:	Revir2020.2_ribbon_MSI.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	1744997

What do you think? Could be one of these installed?
                      Santiago Rivera.
                      > 25 years as 3D and 4D AEC Freelance CGI Artist.
                      Worldwide technical AEC and Laboratory projects.

4dconstructionphasing.com

Comment

I'm having similar problems in Revit 2020.2, has there been a fix yet?
                        "3D view rendering is not supported in the running Revit."

Comment

Any solution yet? I am having a problem with 4.25.1 Datasmith on Revit 2020.2

Comment

Hi, is there a solution yet? I've tried everything I could to import my Revit 2021 file into UE4 with the latest Datasmith 4.25 and FBX file, but both methods incurr errors. I have about 1GB size of Revit file, I also did trial and error by removing some of the contents of my Revit file and export them again and again to look for the faulty part/s in my model including the removal of all furniture, stairs, systems, and other models, and even ungrouping all my grouped models; but still no chance of succeeding. I even tried to remove all the walls (because I have a very detailed and complicated shapes for my walls---Islamic design), but the same error pops when exporting.

Is there any solution to this yet? Thank you.

Comment

Same issue here - Datasmith for Revit 4.25.3 and I get the error:

Cannot export the 3D view: Can not get face for the specified Wall object at Autodesk.Revit.DB.CustomExporter.Export(View view) at DatasmithRevitExporter.DatasmithRevitCommand.Execute(ExternalCommandData InCommandData, String& OutCommandMessage, ElementSet OutElements)

Same as every time I try and export a project recently. Yes the file has phasing, but this is an important part of the workflow in my office and can't be deleted.

Comment

Working...
                              X