Cannot export the active 3D view - Revit 2020.2 / Datasmith plugin 4.24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot export the active 3D view - Revit 2020.2 / Datasmith plugin 4.24

I just downloaded and installed Unreal Datasmith plugin in for 4.24. into Revit 2020.2. With a model of 3 walls and a floor, I am getting the below error on export. What am I doing wrong?

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Autodesk.Revit.DB.CustomExporter.Export(View view)
    at DatasmithRevitExporter.DatasmithRevitCommand.Execute(ExternalCommandData in_commandData, String& out_commandMessage, ElementSet out_elements)

Can you wetranfer me the revit model? We are going to look at the crash here. Please send it to pierrefelix.breton@epicgames.com with your name and description.
    Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Manager AEC, Unreal Engine Enterprise
    Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

File emailed.

Comment

Same problem here, datasmith 4.24.1 and Revit 2020.2...have you got any luck to solve the issue?

Cannot export the active 3D view:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Autodesk.Revit.DB.CustomExporter.Export(View view)
        at DatasmithRevitExporter.DatasmithRevitCommand.Execute(ExternalCommandData in_commandData, String& out_commandMessage, ElementSet out_elements)

Attached Files
        Last edited by FrankiePibbs; 01-21-2020, 06:27 AM.

Comment

I noticed is something related to the phases, infact exporting models without them is currently working...
          I'm trying with a model with 90 phases (for 4d implementation) and it's having that problem mentioned before...

Comment

Sent model to Epic Staff and they are looking at it. My model was very small with only 3 walls and floor added to the arch template. I used a larger model of an interior and it worked fine. Revit Interior was set to Complete with no overrides.

Comment

Working...
            X