Unreal 4.24 Packaging not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal 4.24 Packaging not working

I tend to want to try to do a package build pretty soon after importing a scene to Unreal via Datasmith. I have had a bad experience where I waited too long into the project and then tried to do a packaging of it for windows only to see it fail. I like to try to find the fail point before waiting until the end.

Anyway, I tried to do a package of a pretty simple one room interior scene and it failed saying something about visual studio and something missing. I did a search and there was another short thread where someone mentioned this is an issue because of missing SDK's. Nothing seems resolved so I am asking if this is a known issue with 4.24.1 Thanks!

It is a shame no one that has any experience with developing Datasmith or Unreal Studio doesn't respond to this so I will based upon some other information I saw in another post very recently. Apparently, this busted packaging issue was definitely a bug dealing with Datasmith SDK or something like that. Apparently, 4.24.2 will address this even though there appears to be a workaround.

Comment

Working...
    X