Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STEP import 'libalias_api.dll' does not exist

Hi,

I keep on getting this feedback in the log when trying to import STEP files with Datasmith. Any ideas what I can do to resolve this?

Code:
    LogDatasmithImport: Warning: Datasmith import error: Scene translation failure. Abort import.
    LogEditorSessionSummary: EditorSessionSummary sent report. Type=Shutdown, SessionId={AF51A910-41A9-5C85-AE5A-0BB9CA358DF3}
    LogEditorSessionSummary: EditorSessionSummary sent report. Type=Shutdown, SessionId={2670503A-48F6-1241-CDAB-E1B3FDF5B1F6}
    LogSlate: Took 0.006834 seconds to synchronously load lazily loaded font '../../../Engine/Content/Slate/Fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf' (77K)
    LogSlate: Window 'Choose Location for importing the Datasmith content' being destroyed
    LogFactory: FactoryCreateFile: DatasmithScene with DatasmithImportFactory (0 0 ../../../../../../Users/warne/Downloads/1919.STEP)
    LogWindows: Failed to load 'libalias_api.dll' (GetLastError=126)
    LogWindows: File 'libalias_api.dll' does not exist
    LogSlate: Window 'Datasmith Import Options' being destroyed
    LogDatasmithImport: Warning: Datasmith import error: Scene translation failure. Abort import.

(UE4.23, standard Datasmith import)
    Last edited by Warner V; 12-04-2019, 01:09 PM. Reason: Datasmith

I had the same error when working with glTF imports. Moving to 4.24 preview fixed it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by IslandPlaya View Post
      I had the same error when working with glTF imports. Moving to 4.24 preview fixed it for me.
      In fact.. I was just trying 4.24.. Here at least a Datasmith file is produced, but the same error is reported (and zero meshes are imported)

Comment

Have you tried the Dataprep workflow? I switched to that after moving to 4.24 as well.
        Last edited by IslandPlaya; 12-04-2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Have you tried the Dataprep workflow? I switched to that after moving to 4.24 as well.
          I'm not familiar with that (and the <docs> seem less than helpful). Could you give a pointer?

Comment

Have a look at my post here and the reply further down. You can create a Dataprep asset by right-clicking in the content browser as normal.
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...90#post1692090

Antoine is the goto chap for this sort of stuff. A great guy.

Comment

Have a look at my post here and the reply further down. You can create a Dataprep asset by right-clicking in the content browser as normal.
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...90#post1692090

Antoine is the goto chap for this sort of stuff. A great guy.
              I'll look into it.. thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X