Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UE 4.24 is now live; Datasmith and related features are included in the release, and the Unreal Studio Beta has now officially ended.

More details can be found here: Unreal Studio FAQ

If you require Datasmith for an older engine version, it can be installed from here: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...real-datasmith
    Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

question, iam making a game with all assets that works in my 4.23.1 version.. if i update to 4.24 they will dont work more?

Comment

The assets will be resaved for 4.24 and should work just fine. You will then no longer be able to open the project in 4.23.

Comment

Where do you get the exporter plugins from after 4.24? The first hit on google for download doesn't work anymore.

EDIT: It works, it's just that Epic's flaky auto login redirects you to the standard Unreal page on first try.

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/studio/downloads

Comment

Hi. I'm struggling to find the Datasmith import tool in UnReal 2.24. Has that button moved? I can only find documentation online regarding Datasmith and UnReal 4.23, where Datasmith was found between "Settings" and "Blueprints". Now it's gone. I've looked in the typical UnReal "Import" tool but there is no Datasmith file format available there. Where can I find Datasmith in UnReal 2.24??

EDIT - Anyone with this problem, go to settings and plugins. Search for Importers and "enable" Datasmith
            Last edited by DEBCal; 12-14-2019, 09:39 AM.
            Toshiba Satellite / i7 / 16Gb Ram / NVidia GT630m-2Gb

Comment

Originally posted by DEBCal View Post
              Hi. I'm struggling to find the Datasmith import tool in UnReal 2.24. Has that button moved? I can only find documentation online regarding Datasmith and UnReal 4.23, where Datasmith was found between "Settings" and "Blueprints". Now it's gone. I've looked in the typical UnReal "Import" tool but there is no Datasmith file format available there. Where can I find Datasmith in UnReal 2.24??

EDIT - Anyone with this problem, go to settings and plugins. Search for Importers and "enable" Datasmith
              For further clarity, Datasmith is automatically enabled for certain types of projects, when newly created in 4.24. For other types of projects, or older ones converted to 4.24, go to Edit > Plugins > Importers, and enable the desired Datasmith components.
              Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

Working...
              X