4.23 Raytrace on GTX 1070

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.23 Raytrace on GTX 1070

Have installed 4.23 and some of the features look amazing.

Is it possible to get any Raytracing out of a gtx 1070 card? Have clicked on the desktop shortcut and created a new project. Within the project Windows setting I have changed it to dx12 and in rendering enabled Raytracing.

Have created a post process volume and turned on a few of the raytrace settings but no luck. Nothing seems to happen.

My Alienware laptop has the latest windows drivers and my Nvidia drivers are all current.

Any ideas?

Technically it should be possible with the 1070, but Im not aware if there are extra steps involved to get it running on GTX 10xx cards instead of RTX cards.
    Stylized Low Poly Environment
    Stylized Low Poly Pine Forest
    Stylized Low Poly Buildings
    First Person Horror Template

Comment

Do you have the minimum required Windows 10 version? I ran into the same problem only to realize I had an old version of Windows 10.

The performance on my GTX 1080 was nothing to write home about though. It was nice to experiment with but the hit on performance is just way too big to justify its use (at least for me).

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic_reducer View Post
        Do you have the minimum required Windows 10 version? I ran into the same problem only to realize I had an old version of Windows 10.

The performance on my GTX 1080 was nothing to write home about though. It was nice to experiment with but the hit on performance is just way too big to justify its use (at least for me).
        Will double check that! but according to windows it was up to date.

Comment

It can take some time for windows version to be rolled out to one's pc.
          Windows telling you it is up to date does not necessarily mean you have the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic_reducer View Post

TRUE. the performance hit made me hate ray tracing on its current stage.
            CHECK OUT:- Visit https://3darchstuffs.com/ for Unreal arch-viz tutorials, Unreal Demo EXE and Unreal projects with source files.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...X3Sm2Z9NXEHFV9

Comment

Working...
            X