No announcement yet.

Sketchup datasmith re-import after upgrade to 4.23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's to do with datasmith not being installed? I'm new to Unreal. I thought it was 'included' in 4.24, whereas in 4.23 it was a plugin. In any case when I try to install it as a plugin it says it's already installed to all compatible versions. Very confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaaayse View Post
      Maybe it's to do with datasmith not being installed? I'm new to Unreal. I thought it was 'included' in 4.24, whereas in 4.23 it was a plugin. In any case when I try to install it as a plugin it says it's already installed to all compatible versions. Very confusing.
      In 4.24 it is directly part of Unreal Engine, so as a preinstalled plugin, but by default disabled, you need to enable it per project.
      But anyway anything imported from an older version of UE is broken... completely new import into new project works.

Comment

Retested on 4.24.1 (including updated SketchUp exported plugin) and it works again!
        Only one mesh was missing, but DataSmith -> Reset Overrides solved it.

Correct steps on how to upgrade:
        1.) Open Unreal engine 4.24.1
        2) Open project from the older version, it will suggest you create a copy of the project
        3.) Enable plugin Datasmith Content and Datasmith (I'm not sure if both are really necessary)
        4.) Restart Unreal Engine
        5.) Now right click on DataSmith file and "reimport". (only bad change is that DataSmith file now has no icon, it is just plain color)

Comment

Where di you enable Datasmith? I tried enabling it from the "Plugin" menu.

Comment

Yes, in plugin menu, but you need to have 4.24.1, in the older version it was as an external plugin.

Comment

Working...
            X