Datasmith import anomaly using DWG format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datasmith import anomaly using DWG format

I'm just starting with UE4 after considering whether to stay with Maxwell Render or migrate across and after importing a DWG (the only format available that suits) into UE4 (4.22.3) the model is mirrored/flipped along the x-axis.
    The design is done in DataCAD 21 then exported as DWG (various release types have been used but they all flip inside UE4). I've even opened it in Autodesk's DWGViewer and it loads correctly, except when imported into UE4.
    Any suggestions how to correct this or is it a bug?
    Thanks.

Mark Bell
    AMB
    Mark Bell
    AMB

Have just updated to the latest 4.23.1 and latest Datasmith and the above error/bug still occurs causing imported DWG files to flip/mirror along the x-axis. Datasmith doesn't appear to have added any additional import formats either. If DWG is too difficult to fix is it possible to look at adding other formats such as SKP, 3DS, STL, AEC, DXF, O2C, ....?
    Thanks.
    Mark Bell
    AMB

Comment

We are regularly improving the CAD importer, and DWG still needs some improvement. I will report your issues.

We do provide exporters so you can export from sketchup or 3dsMax into the engine using the udatasmith file format.

In the meantime I would recommend you try converting your files in a format that is well supported by datasmith:
      https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...pes/index.html

Comment

Working...
      X