Cook Fails while compiling even on a temp project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cook Fails while compiling even on a temp project

As soon as cook is initiated it fails with errors like this, even on temp projects like VR tempt or Third person temp:

Log.WriteException: ==============================================================================
    Log.WriteException: ERROR: Cook failed.
    Log.WriteException: (see C:\Users\scalame\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.22\Log.txt for full exception trace)
    Log.WriteException:
    Log.WriteException: UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved' is denied.
    Log.WriteException: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    Log.WriteException: at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
    Log.WriteException: at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.LogUtils.GetUniqueLogName(String Base) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\LogUtils.cs:line 109
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunCommandlet(FileReference ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String Commandlet, String Parameters, String& DestLogFile) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\CommandletUtils.cs:line 266
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.RunCommandlet(FileReference ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String Commandlet, String Parameters) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\CommandletUtils.cs:line 237
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.CommandUtils.CookCommandlet(FileReference ProjectName, String UE4Exe, String[] Maps, String[] Dirs, String InternationalizationPreset, String[] CulturesToCook, String TargetPlatform, String Parameters) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\CommandletUtils.cs:line 89
    Log.WriteException: at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CookCommand.Automation.cs:line 249Wrapped by AutomationException: Cook failed.
    Log.WriteException: at Project.Cook(ProjectParams Params) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CookCommand.Automation.cs:line 263
    Log.WriteException: at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 209
    Log.WriteException: at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild() in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 41
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.BuildCommand.Execute() in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\BuildCommand.cs:line 242
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, Dictionary`2 Commands) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs:line 545
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] Arguments, StartupTraceListener StartupListener) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Automation.cs:line 515
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(String[] Arguments, StartupTraceListener StartupListener) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 162
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.Program.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<Main>b__2() in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 88
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(Func`1 Main) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\AutomationUtils\Utils.cs:line 725
    Log.WriteException: at AutomationTool.Program.Main(String[] Arguments) in D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Saved\CsTools\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 88
    Log.WriteException: ==============================================================================
    Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=25 (Error_UnknownCookFailure)

Thanks!
    Attached Files

It seems that Unreal cooking systems needs to access 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved' to store a temporary cook file.

You do not seem to have access to this folder. I would try to run the editor with elevated privileges or give your current user access to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\ sub folders.

Comment

Thanks Flavien that worked!

I ran unreal editor exe in the binaries as an admin, however i have to do this every time i want to open and compile a project.

Is there a way to permanently give it admin status so i can use project exe's instead? I tried doing it through properties but then the engine wouldnt even launch.

Thanks again for the quick response!

Comment

Originally posted by UE_FlavienP View Post
        It seems that Unreal cooking systems needs to access 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Programs\AutomationTool\Saved' to store a temporary cook file.

You do not seem to have access to this folder. I would try to run the editor with elevated privileges or give your current user access to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\ sub folders.

Having a very similar issue but not as clear an error message. I've been making quite the monologue on a post for it this last week. Would really appricate any help: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...on-cook-failed

Comment

Hi,i know this thread is old and I dunno if you ever gonna read this. I have the same problem and running the editor as an administrator did not solve the problem. I tried every solution i've come across on the net and still no luck in packaging my project. by any chance, what did you do to fix your problem?

Comment

Working...
          X