Datasmith - import from Revit 2019 in to Unreal Engine 4.22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datasmith - import from Revit 2019 in to Unreal Engine 4.22

Hi. Can someone tell me - in Revit stained glass normal frames, and after import using Data smith in the Unreal one tower with the frames, but two frames - a solid glass

I am not sure i understand your question, but it depends on the type of entity that was used in revit. can we have a look at the rvt file?
    Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Designer AEC, Unreal Engine
    Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by OratayZB View Post
      Hi. Can someone tell me - in Revit stained glass normal frames, and after import using Data smith in the Unreal one tower with the frames, but two frames - a solid glass
      I think this depend on how you are importing the file but not sure on the question. Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by pf_breton View Post
        I am not sure i understand your question, but it depends on the type of entity that was used in revit. can we have a look at the rvt file?
        Yes. I sent you the link to the file
        Last edited by OratayZB; 08-09-2019, 07:10 AM.

Comment

We looked at the file. Here is how we understand your initial question:

a) you have 3 towers and you expect to see mullions on all the 3 towers
          b) in Unreal, you only see mullions on one of the tower.

After looking closely, it looks like you haven't created mullions on all 3 towers: in revit, only one has mullions and the other are glass walls with divisions, without mullions.

To our belief, there is no import problem, its simply that those entities don't exists in Revit.

Did we read the problem correctly?
          Pierre-Felix Breton

Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

We looked at the file. Here is how we understand your initial question:

a) you have 3 towers and you expect to see mullions on all the 3 towers
            b) in Unreal, you only see mullions on one of the tower.

After looking closely, it looks like you haven't created mullions on all 3 towers: in revit, only one has mullions and the other are glass walls with divisions, without mullions.

To our belief, there is no import problem, its simply that those entities don't exists in Revit.

Yes. But I don't know what mullions is?

Comment

Originally posted by OratayZB View Post

Yes. But I don't know what mullions is?
              I finally saw it, but I don't know how to fix it. After all, the family is the same

Comment

Thanks, at least now I understand the problem. I didn't see it at first.

Comment

That should help you out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyPOnxIMgg8
                  Pierre-Felix Breton

Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

Thanks so much )))

Comment

Working...
                    X