Datasmith and Unreal 4.22 not importing changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datasmith and Unreal 4.22 not importing changes

Datasmith imports are consistently failing to import model changes from 3ds Max, particularly when re-imprting a Datasmith file that has had new elements added to it. Are there any known bugs related to this at the moment?

The only way I have been able to get around this, is removing the scene actors, removing the datasmith assets, and re-importing everything again, with all the setup costs that incurs.
    Richard Frost

Head of VR & AR
    Pilbrow & Partners

hi richard, can you ping me at pierrefelix.breton@epicgames.com? i would like to have a look with you in a remote video session.

Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Designer AEC, Unreal Engine
    Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

Thanks for reaching out Pierre-Felix, won't be necessary — I've discovered the update actors from Scene button on the Datasmith Actor, which appears to successfully propagate new additions to the world correctly. Not sure if that is the intended usage.

Is there a reason this is a manual operation, and not handled when the Reimport command is executed?
      Richard Frost

Head of VR & AR
      Pilbrow & Partners

Comment

That part is very strange. reimport in the asset browser on a datasmith scene should do that as well. maybe its related to an issue with sub levels and which one is active?
        Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Designer AEC, Unreal Engine
        Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

Made sure the correct sub-level was selected when re-importing the Datasmith file — doesn't work.
          As a workaround the 'Update Actors from Scene' is fine, if there's anything you need from me to help work out how to resolve issue let me know.
          Richard Frost

Head of VR & AR
          Pilbrow & Partners

Comment

i am using datasmith for longtime. i didnt faced any issue regarding reimporting asset or reimporting materials. check your overwriting old datasmith export file. only then reimport will work perfect. if you are export to new file, then use reimport with new file option selecting old datasmith imported asset file.
            Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY...97QaoBbllHR4_g
            Behance - https://www.behance.net/UE4_Archviz

My System
            Cpu - i9 7980XE
            MB - Asus X299 Pro Se Motherboard
            Gpu - Zotac GTX1060 AMP 6GB DDR5 Graphic Card
            Ram - Corsair Dual RGB 32 GB
            SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD

Comment

Working...
            X