This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The Preview has ended, and Unreal Studio 4.23 has officially released!

Thanks to everyone who helped test during the Preview. I am now closing this thread. Please continue any 4.23 discussions in the above linked thread for Studio/Datasmith specific features, or the 4.23 thread for the general engine release.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MarcusDee View Post
    Question: Is the HDRI Backdrop Actor removed in the latest 4.23 preview 8?
    In the previous version it was located under the lights section.

To answer my own question. It's moved under the plugin section
    thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Question: Is the HDRI Backdrop Actor removed in the latest 4.23 preview 8?
    In the previous version it was located under the lights section.

To answer my own question. It's moved under the plugin section
    Last edited by MarcusDee; 08-28-2019, 01:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    We won't be sharing much about 4.24 until we begin the Previews for it around October.

In the coming months you may be able to get some insight into the 4.24 release on the UE4 roadmap (https://trello.com/b/TTAVI7Ny/ue4-roadmap) from either the "Future Releases" section, or when a 4.24 section is added.

Adventurous individuals can also compile source code from the "Master" branch on Github to follow along with cutting edge development on 4.24, but be aware of the risks of bugs too.

• replied
    UPDATE: PREVIEW 8

UE 4.23 Preview 8 has been made available today - (full engine details here)
    Unreal Studio 4.23 Preview 8 is available along with it.
    1. On the Launcher, update the 4.23 engine version
    2. On the Launcher, update the Datasmith plugin
    3. Download the latest Exporter plugins for 4.23 from the Downloads page.
    Unreal Studio fixes:
    Gear VR fails to launch packaged projects on a Device when Enterprise is enabled for the project
    [CrashReport] UE4Editor-DataprepEditor!FMulticastDelegateBase<FWeakObjectPtr>::CompactInvocationList(bool) [MulticastDelegateBase.h:169]
    Android APK size ~200 MB larger than previous versions of the engine (blank project)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there somewhere to look for upcoming 4.24 updates?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UPDATE: PREVIEW 7

UE 4.23 Preview 7 has been made available today - (full engine details here)
    Unreal Studio 4.23 Preview 7 is available along with it.
    Unreal Studio fixes:
    Material overrides are not reapplied after commit of an empty graph
    Problem in Datasmith glTF animation transform when only rotation is animated
    Crash importing glb file with datasmith glTF importer

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Initially we had thought we might officially release this week, but we've decided to extend the Preview period another two weeks.

Preview 7 is targeted for tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What are the planned updates for preview 7

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UPDATE: PREVIEW 6

UE 4.23 Preview 6 has been made available today - (full engine details here)
    Unreal Studio 4.23 Preview 6 is available along with it.
    Unreal Studio fixes:
    Wrong sampler type when importing 4k Texture using Content Material through Datasmith
    Incorrect transform with Datasmith Deltagen FBX Importer
    MDL import - issue when importing 4k textures - imported as Virtual texture
    GTLF - Material error when importing scene with 4k texture - Sampler requires non-VirtualTexture

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Probably my bad for deciding to use the preview to partake in the jam. I am hitting a ton of issues I have never encountered before particularly with loading times and shared compiling errors/lags/issues.
    One of the biggest issues is a landscape material and the inability to paint more than 3 layers onto the same grid tile.

I ended up migrating to the non preview where the materials work fine. I still have the project, perhaps after the jam I will submit a bug report or track down the issue better...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    UPDATE: PREVIEW 5

UE 4.23 Preview 5 has been made available today - (full engine details here)
    Unreal Studio 4.23 Preview 5 is available along with it.
    Unreal Studio fixes:
    C4D Failed import meshes with only verts
    Datasmith - Error importing a GLTF file. "Could not find actor Cube for Level Sequence CubeAction"
    Crash adding variant set - engine\plugins\enterprise\variantmanagercontent\source\variantmanagercontent\private\levelvariantsets.cpp:54
    Material overrides are not reapplied after commit of an empty graph
    Ensure occurs when selecting "Execute" multiple times after node deletion
    SunPosition Plugin Assets Saved with Empty Engine Version - T_Compass M_Compass
    Datasmith duplicates actors on reimport when splitting models across multiple sub levels
    Dataprep editor does not remove all its temporary data
    Import window should not pop on reimport
    DataPrep: Actors rename after committing (_2 add to the name)
    Cinema 4D Cloner Render Instances
    Datasmith Material Reimport fails with no information writing to log
    VRayLight Material no longer importing as constant
    .udatasmith Assets occasionally fail to Reimport when Individually Reimported
    Multiple PNG Warning: iCCP: CRC error when opening Datasmith Assets into SME
    Forest Pack Entities Incorrectly Placed When a Single Object is used
    Datasmith CAD: Tessellation settings not accessible from Static Mesh Editor
    Crash after deleting a Static Mesh from the level that has been in Edit Mesh Mode
    Cinema4D - Material transparency will import with low fidelity to original material
    Cinema4D - missing text on buttons in reimport geometry pop up
    Cinema4D - Failed to reimport Static Mesh
    Material Instance reports invalid texture type error
    Crash Importing a udatasmith that share the same name as the level ...UObjectGlobals.cpp] [Line: 2320] Objects have the same fully qualified name but different paths

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Works fine using Blueprint startup or trying to use the play button on a level. I tried to launch today to see if some camera issues would be cleared up, but got this error.

I'd noticed this once before when trying to compile C++ code or trying to start a C++ level, but worked around it with Blueprints. I'm running 4.22.3. This didn't happen when I was running previous versions of the software. I also don't work in an environment where I can turn off the Windows Platform FIPS validation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jpageau View Post
    I played with a 90 frame test of a C4D file with melange. I animated a plane with a voronoi fracture and simulated them crumbling. If I cache the animation it did come into unreal. The problem I am having is that the imported animation is not complete. It strangely offset the key frames by 50% of the animation so that it only plays half way in the sequencer. It seems like an import issue or a issue with melange. I was not sure if I might also need to setup a specific frame rate in c4d. I used 30fps for the test but I don't know if it should be set to a specific value when animating for unreal.

If I go a different route and use alembic, I get the whole animation. But that is not the way I would like to work with this.

I am on 4.23 preview 4 using a fully patched C4D R20 Studio
    Make sure you submit the problem to our support team, we will be able to look at the files and fix it if possible!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I played with a 90 frame test of a C4D file with melange. I animated a plane with a voronoi fracture and simulated them crumbling. If I cache the animation it did come into unreal. The problem I am having is that the imported animation is not complete. It strangely offset the key frames by 50% of the animation so that it only plays half way in the sequencer. It seems like an import issue or a issue with melange. I was not sure if I might also need to setup a specific frame rate in c4d. I used 30fps for the test but I don't know if it should be set to a specific value when animating for unreal.

If I go a different route and use alembic, I get the whole animation. But that is not the way I would like to work with this.

I am on 4.23 preview 4 using a fully patched C4D R20 Studio

Leave a comment:

Working...
X