Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably my bad for deciding to use the preview to partake in the jam. I am hitting a ton of issues I have never encountered before particularly with loading times and shared compiling errors/lags/issues.
    One of the biggest issues is a landscape material and the inability to paint more than 3 layers onto the same grid tile.

I ended up migrating to the non preview where the materials work fine. I still have the project, perhaps after the jam I will submit a bug report or track down the issue better...

Comment

UPDATE: PREVIEW 6

UE 4.23 Preview 6 has been made available today - (full engine details here)
      Unreal Studio 4.23 Preview 6 is available along with it.
      1. On the Launcher, update the 4.23 engine version
      2. On the Launcher, update the Datasmith plugin
      3. Download the latest Exporter plugins for 4.23 from the Downloads page.
      Unreal Studio fixes:
      Wrong sampler type when importing 4k Texture using Content Material through Datasmith
      Incorrect transform with Datasmith Deltagen FBX Importer
      MDL import - issue when importing 4k textures - imported as Virtual texture
      GTLF - Material error when importing scene with 4k texture - Sampler requires non-VirtualTexture
      Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

What are the planned updates for preview 7

Comment

Initially we had thought we might officially release this week, but we've decided to extend the Preview period another two weeks.

Preview 7 is targeted for tomorrow.

Comment

UPDATE: PREVIEW 7

UE 4.23 Preview 7 has been made available today - (full engine details here)
            Unreal Studio 4.23 Preview 7 is available along with it.
            Unreal Studio fixes:
            Material overrides are not reapplied after commit of an empty graph
            Problem in Datasmith glTF animation transform when only rotation is animated
            Crash importing glb file with datasmith glTF importer

Comment

Is there somewhere to look for upcoming 4.24 updates?

Comment

• Stephen Ellis commented
                Editing a comment
                We won't be sharing much about 4.24 until we begin the Previews for it around October.

In the coming months you may be able to get some insight into the 4.24 release on the UE4 roadmap (https://trello.com/b/TTAVI7Ny/ue4-roadmap) from either the "Future Releases" section, or when a 4.24 section is added.

Adventurous individuals can also compile source code from the "Master" branch on Github to follow along with cutting edge development on 4.24, but be aware of the risks of bugs too.

UPDATE: PREVIEW 8

UE 4.23 Preview 8 has been made available today - (full engine details here)
              Unreal Studio 4.23 Preview 8 is available along with it.
              Unreal Studio fixes:
              Gear VR fails to launch packaged projects on a Device when Enterprise is enabled for the project
              [CrashReport] UE4Editor-DataprepEditor!FMulticastDelegateBase<FWeakObjectPtr>::CompactInvocationList(bool) [MulticastDelegateBase.h:169]
              Android APK size ~200 MB larger than previous versions of the engine (blank project)

Comment

Question: Is the HDRI Backdrop Actor removed in the latest 4.23 preview 8?
                In the previous version it was located under the lights section.

To answer my own question. It's moved under the plugin section
                Last edited by MarcusDee; 08-28-2019, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcusDee View Post
                  Question: Is the HDRI Backdrop Actor removed in the latest 4.23 preview 8?
                  In the previous version it was located under the lights section.

To answer my own question. It's moved under the plugin section
                  thank you!
                  Tcimage3d Studio
                  Unreal Artist & Developer in archi & interior Visual
                  Real Estate VR Tutor: http://tcimage3d.wixsite.com/3dvr

Request a quote today:tcimage3d@gmail.com
                  Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TCimage/

Comment

The Preview has ended, and Unreal Studio 4.23 has officially released!

Thanks to everyone who helped test during the Preview. I am now closing this thread. Please continue any 4.23 discussions in the above linked thread for Studio/Datasmith specific features, or the 4.23 thread for the general engine release.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X