Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else running into installation problems with this?

I can download and install the Unreal Engine 4.23 Preview 3 without a problem but it doesn't install Datasmith for the Preview and a click on the Plugins shows me that none are available for this version.

Comment

Originally posted by TFandrich View Post
      Anybody else running into installation problems with this?

I can download and install the Unreal Engine 4.23 Preview 3 without a problem but it doesn't install Datasmith for the Preview and a click on the Plugins shows me that none are available for this version.
      Click on "Installed Plugins" on the Launcher under the 4.23 Engine slot. Does it say that Datasmith is already installed?
      Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

UPDATE: PREVIEW 4

UE 4.23 Preview 4 has been made available today - (full engine details here)
        Unreal Studio 4.23 Preview 4 is available along with it.
        1. On the Launcher, update the 4.23 engine version
        2. On the Launcher, update the Datasmith plugin
        3. Download the latest Exporter plugins for 4.23 from the Downloads page.
        Unreal Studio fixes:
        Dataprep progress bars don't show progress
        Crash importing a file through Datasmith in Python headless mode - DatasmithImporterImpl::CheckAssetPersistenceValidity() [...\enterprise\plugins\editor\datasmithimporter\source\datasmithimporter\private\datasmithimporter.cpp:209]
        Large Datasmith file crashes at the end of the import process
        [CrashReport] UE4Editor-CoreUObject!UObjectBaseUtility::GetOutermost() [UObjectBaseUtility.cpp:121]
        Disable Dataprep editor from non-studio projects
        Missing Retessellate action from actor context menu
        Crash reimporting cityEngine Redlands scene (...datasmithimporter\source\datasmithimporter\private\datasmithimportfactory.cpp:698)
        OpenNurbs.tps file is empty.
        Wrong triangle orientation after CATIA CAD import
        Retessellation materials issue
        Crash on CATIA file import
        Triangles disappear when doing fine tessellation
        Datasmith CAD: Tessellation settings not accessible from Static Mesh Editor
        Materials and mesh association are broken when importing a RHINO file
        Editor crash when importing a RHINO file
        Missing triangles on Datasmith Import
        Cinema 4D - Reimport datasmith scene doesn't update the UVs
        Cinema 4d - PBR reflectance conformity is not maintained
        Cinema 4D - Object resize is not updated through DatasmithScene reimport
        Cinema 4D - Unsupported dependent euler angles rotation order
        Cinema 4D - Fracture tool should import only visible meshs
        Cinema 4D - Particles are visible before birth
        Cinema 4D - Material assignment not properly updated upon reimport
        Cinema 4D - Materials are washed out
        Collaborative Viewer - Oculus - the command menu is upside down on left hand.
        Unreal Studio Collaborative Viewer Blueprint Runtime Error: "Accessed None trying to read property ContextualWidget". Blueprint: BP_Desktop_FlyMode_Pawn Function: Execute Ubergraph BP Desktop Fly Mode during PIE

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post

Click on "Installed Plugins" on the Launcher under the 4.23 Engine slot. Does it say that Datasmith is already installed?
          No it doesn't show Datasmith there. On the other versions I get the Datasmith installed but on the 4.23 Previews, even after upgrading vom 2 -> 3 and 3 -> 4 I don't get the Datasmith.

Unreal Studio Beta shows as active.

UPDATE: It seems to be an issue with either my account or with the launcher. Because for testing I deinstalled 4.22 and after reinstalling it Datasmith is missing there too and can't be reinstalled.
          Last edited by TFandrich; 07-31-2019, 05:54 AM.

Comment

On the collaborative design template, is there anything specific that work prevent it being opened in 4.22?

The reason I ask is that with a few rings I'm working on they rely on a number of plugins that run with 4.22 and I would much rather build on top of this right now then transition to 4.23 when its more stable and guarantee of plugin support (eg I suspect USharp may have issues being recompiled for 4.23 however I don't know for sure)

It's the curse of working at the bleeding edge in a production environment!
            David Gillespie
            Associate
            Foster + Partners

Comment

The UE 4.22 and 4.23 installations are separate, and so is the datasmith plugin version for each. But, if you had a project created with 4.22, and then you opened it via 4.23, then that project will get updated to a 4.23 version. (we recommend never updating projects to a new version, always update a copy of the project). If a project does get updated to a newer version, then if you try to launch it again from the older/original version, then you may experience the issues you are describing.
              this is the right approach to update project in newer version.
              Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHY...97QaoBbllHR4_g
              Behance - https://www.behance.net/UE4_Archviz

My System
              Cpu - i9 7980XE
              MB - Asus X299 Pro Se Motherboard
              Gpu - Zotac GTX1060 AMP 6GB DDR5 Graphic Card
              Ram - Corsair Dual RGB 32 GB
              SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TFandrich View Post
                UPDATE: It seems to be an issue with either my account or with the launcher. Because for testing I deinstalled 4.22 and after reinstalling it Datasmith is missing there too and can't be reinstalled.
                I have identified and resolved the issue. I will send you a private message here on the forums regarding the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by UE4 Archviz View Post

this is the right approach to update project in newer version.
                  I'm actually asking about the reverse for the collaborative template. If it's possible to take that back to 4.22 for development on what is considered a stable release, this would allow for testing, modding etc and allow for integration on a 4.23 release, once required plugin dependencies are also stable working on 4.23.
                  David Gillespie
                  Associate
                  Foster + Partners

Comment

I have identified and resolved the issue. I will send you a private message here on the forums regarding the cause.
                    I also appear to have this issue. I've updated to 4.23 Preview 4. Datasmith says no update is needed. I went looking due to an apparent bug in the C4D importer. The model UV's were coming in blank on channel 0 despite looking correct in C4D. Channel 1 has crazy UV's I did not create. Channel 2 has normal import lightmass UV's. I noticed that Preview 3 has a C4D UV import issue.

Comment

I'm not able to install the Unreal Datasmith Plugin in 4.23 Preview 4. I click install, and nothing happens. Is the datasmith plugin not compatable with Mac unreal engine?
                      Nate M | Chicago, IL
                      www.productionplus.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cedar View Post

I also appear to have this issue.
                        I'm guessing you use a different account when logged into the launcher, because the account you are using here to post hasn't even registered for the Unreal Studio Beta. You can use the forums here to send me a private message with the details of your other account, and I'll take a look.
                        Originally posted by natemac00 View Post
                        I'm not able to install the Unreal Datasmith Plugin in 4.23 Preview 4. I click install, and nothing happens. Is the datasmith plugin not compatable with Mac unreal engine?
                        Sorry, but the Datasmith plugin does not currently support Mac. I've been informed that this is on the agenda to address in the coming months.

Comment

I played with a 90 frame test of a C4D file with melange. I animated a plane with a voronoi fracture and simulated them crumbling. If I cache the animation it did come into unreal. The problem I am having is that the imported animation is not complete. It strangely offset the key frames by 50% of the animation so that it only plays half way in the sequencer. It seems like an import issue or a issue with melange. I was not sure if I might also need to setup a specific frame rate in c4d. I used 30fps for the test but I don't know if it should be set to a specific value when animating for unreal.

If I go a different route and use alembic, I get the whole animation. But that is not the way I would like to work with this.

I am on 4.23 preview 4 using a fully patched C4D R20 Studio

Comment

Originally posted by jpageau View Post
                            I played with a 90 frame test of a C4D file with melange. I animated a plane with a voronoi fracture and simulated them crumbling. If I cache the animation it did come into unreal. The problem I am having is that the imported animation is not complete. It strangely offset the key frames by 50% of the animation so that it only plays half way in the sequencer. It seems like an import issue or a issue with melange. I was not sure if I might also need to setup a specific frame rate in c4d. I used 30fps for the test but I don't know if it should be set to a specific value when animating for unreal.

If I go a different route and use alembic, I get the whole animation. But that is not the way I would like to work with this.

I am on 4.23 preview 4 using a fully patched C4D R20 Studio
                            Make sure you submit the problem to our support team, we will be able to look at the files and fix it if possible!
                            Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Designer AEC, Unreal Engine
                            Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

Works fine using Blueprint startup or trying to use the play button on a level. I tried to launch today to see if some camera issues would be cleared up, but got this error.

I'd noticed this once before when trying to compile C++ code or trying to start a C++ level, but worked around it with Blueprints. I'm running 4.22.3. This didn't happen when I was running previous versions of the software. I also don't work in an environment where I can turn off the Windows Platform FIPS validation.

Comment

UPDATE: PREVIEW 5

UE 4.23 Preview 5 has been made available today - (full engine details here)
                                Unreal Studio 4.23 Preview 5 is available along with it.
                                1. On the Launcher, update the 4.23 engine version
                                2. On the Launcher, update the Datasmith plugin
                                3. Download the latest Exporter plugins for 4.23 from the Downloads page.
                                Unreal Studio fixes:
                                C4D Failed import meshes with only verts
                                Datasmith - Error importing a GLTF file. "Could not find actor Cube for Level Sequence CubeAction"
                                Crash adding variant set - engine\plugins\enterprise\variantmanagercontent\source\variantmanagercontent\private\levelvariantsets.cpp:54
                                Material overrides are not reapplied after commit of an empty graph
                                Ensure occurs when selecting "Execute" multiple times after node deletion
                                SunPosition Plugin Assets Saved with Empty Engine Version - T_Compass M_Compass
                                Datasmith duplicates actors on reimport when splitting models across multiple sub levels
                                Dataprep editor does not remove all its temporary data
                                Import window should not pop on reimport
                                DataPrep: Actors rename after committing (_2 add to the name)
                                Cinema 4D Cloner Render Instances
                                Datasmith Material Reimport fails with no information writing to log
                                VRayLight Material no longer importing as constant
                                .udatasmith Assets occasionally fail to Reimport when Individually Reimported
                                Multiple PNG Warning: iCCP: CRC error when opening Datasmith Assets into SME
                                Forest Pack Entities Incorrectly Placed When a Single Object is used
                                Datasmith CAD: Tessellation settings not accessible from Static Mesh Editor
                                Crash after deleting a Static Mesh from the level that has been in Edit Mesh Mode
                                Cinema4D - Material transparency will import with low fidelity to original material
                                Cinema4D - missing text on buttons in reimport geometry pop up
                                Cinema4D - Failed to reimport Static Mesh
                                Material Instance reports invalid texture type error
                                Crash Importing a udatasmith that share the same name as the level ...UObjectGlobals.cpp] [Line: 2320] Objects have the same fully qualified name but different paths

Comment

Working...
                                X