Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can you make a mesh for a character then actually make it so the character mesh is what i made?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you make a mesh for a character then actually make it so the character mesh is what i made?

me confused

By the information you supplied I guess what you made in your 3d app isn't what you see in Unreal Studio. If you describe your problem with more information you will get a better answer more quickly. I'll take a few guesses.

Mesh:
    Check your mesh integrity in the 3d app you made it in. Unreal triangulates meshes on import and it does it's best. Depending on the errors in your model they can have disastrous effects on your imported mesh appearance. Run a mesh check in the app you made the model in. There is a whole range of mesh errors you can check for.

Uvs:
    Does your model have them ? Unreal assigns uvs to meshes that don't have them organized. The default may not be what you want. Check your uvs and if you haven't edited them look on the web for information on how to do it.

Rigging:
    If you are trying to import an animated character (and animations) then its kind of important to know about rigging it for Unreal. You can find that info pretty easily anywhere on the web. If the model isn't rigged correctly then you could end up with a shivering mess of spaghetti on the floor, believe me I know about that one

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga3D View Post
      By the information you supplied I guess what you made in your 3d app isn't what you see in Unreal Studio. If you describe your problem with more information you will get a better answer more quickly. I'll take a few guesses
      um no i was just wondering how u can do this thingy

Comment

Ah ok.
        Model the character in a 3d package. There are alot of them. If you are just stating Blender 3d is a good choice and is free. You can use a sculpting program like ZBrush or 3D coat if you like. You can also sculpt in Blender as well. Once you have made your high poly mesh you use it to make a low poly version. You organize the uv maps on the low poly and use the high poly to bake textures for the low poly.

Once you have a textured low/er poly version of your character it will need a skeleton or rig. Attach the rig to the model. If you use the Ue4 rig you can easily use the animations that come with it in the engine.

Import you textured, rigged, animated model into Unreal and you can use coding or blueprints to control its animations through keyboard commands or a game controller, or both.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Kanga3D View Post
          Once you have made your high poly mesh you use it to make a low poly version. You organize the uv maps on the low poly and use the high poly to bake textures for the low poly.
          Wait so how can i make it low poly? Just wondering

Comment

Working...
          X