Datasmith & Oculus Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datasmith & Oculus Quest

I'm currently trying to launch a project on the Oculus Quest that was brought into Unreal using Datasmith. As long as the Datasmith plugin is active the project will not export, but simply disabling it doesn't fix the problem. All of the geometry brought in using Datasmith still references it even after it's been disabled and once in the game it becomes distorted as the attached pictures shows. Can anyone give me any advice on how to bypass this problem?
    Devin Johnston
    Senior Associate
    Kirksey | Architecture

Also when I remove the Datasmith plugin the entire model moves to a different location, only the model moves none of the lights or other Unreal elements do.
    Devin Johnston
    Senior Associate
    Kirksey | Architecture

Comment

What i do is, I have a Datasmith Exporter project. I import and configure the scene in this project and then migrate the level to my main project without Datasmith and it works.

Comment

Hello,

have you tried on 4.23? The datasmith enabled project publication to android has been fixed in 4.23.

Bests,
        Flavien.

Comment

i have exactly the same problem - but i am using 4.25 is there a way to fix this?

Code:
          Setting up ProjectParams for D:\_UNREAL\test-3\test3\test3.uproject
          LogPlayLevel: test3.uproject requires a temporary target.cs to be generated (DatasmithImporter plugin is enabled)
          LogPlayLevel: ********** STAGE COMMAND STARTED **********
          LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: Stage Failed. Missing receipt 'D:\_UNREAL\test-3\test3\Binaries\Android\test3.target'. Check that this target has been built.

Comment

Working...
          X