Improve material's conversion, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Just started with Unreal Studio/Datasmith and was wondering about this. Simple materials in Max become noodle soup in Unreal, with lots of weird Lerps, Multipliers and Adds. Not very user friendly if you want to make changes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    datasmith convert corona very well than vray. most of material get converted perfect but few mats can be pain, so just tweak them manually in unreal to get desire effect. thats all we can do right now.
    tip : try to simplify material in 3dsmax which one is giving pain. ( like falloff / mix / color correction / blend and any complex material )

Please subscribe and support Youtube channel
    Last edited by UE4 Archviz; 11-13-2019, 02:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I get a lot of normal maps on the DIFFUSE slot when using datasmith and corona, also the shader trees are a pain to work on unreal.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi i am having the exact same problem when i import vray scenes or corona, any work around this? ┬┐maybe converting the mats in 3dsmax to standard before exporting?, ┬┐any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    HI jarnosrt8,

Thank you for your comment.
    We are continuously working on improving the plugin

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Improve material's conversion, please.

Improve material's conversion, please.

In the follow images, you can see the DataSmith conversion of a 3DsMax material. The resulting parameters are not very useful. This is too chaotic yet. I use Unreal Studio because it adjusts the lightmaps, but materials conversion is a headache. I hope you can improve this in future versions.
Working...
X