Archicad to Unreal Studio pipeline update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shoppe View Post
    Have you guys tried to export Archicad project to sketchup and use sketchup datasmith exporter?
    afaik most instancing end up as groups via that path which isn't scaling really well. but maybe i am wrong
    Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Manager AEC, Unreal Engine Enterprise
    Epic Games - LinkedIn

Unreal Studio Documentation
    Unreal Studio Technical Support
    Report Unreal Studio Bugs

Comment

I've never test this path but it's a little against the principe of simplify the workflow between archicad and unreal..
      Architect with Archicad

Comment

Can we dream a Dynamic Datasmith with Archicad and Twinmotion ?
        Architect with Archicad

Comment

Glaag,
          Twinmotion synchronises directly with Archicad, it is quite seamless. Hopefully EPIC will implement Ray-trace and some further controls to improve the output quality (I personally find twinmotion a little too ‘gamey’ for imaging, great for videos though, and renders at speeds any other rendering package could only dream of) to make it a more complete package. It is hard to beat for speed, not to mention you only need an hour to learn everything you need to know.
          Exciting news!
          Archicad 22 User.
          Macbook Pro 2017 13inch 2.3ghz i5, 8gb Ram 256gb SSD, 8gb Radeon Pro 580 EGPU

Comment

Yep, this news make my day
            Oh yes, the sun also.
            Architect with Archicad

Comment

We are working with Graphisoft to validate a pathway from Archicad to UE4. Right now, people are using FBX and SKP. In 4.23, there will be IFC and C4D import in UE4, so two new methods will open up.
              Sr. Product Manager
              Epic Games

Comment

If I can give my two cents, I have used with much success Twinmotion in the past, and knowing underneath it is an Unreal Engine product, with a very interesting user interface, it would be amazing to have a workflow where we could syncronize with Twinmotion ( which already has many import/export plugins, such as Revit and SketchUp ), work the model further on Twinmotion, adding textures and models such as furniture, trees, and when done, import the Twinmotion model into the Unreal Studio for final use.

Having Unreal and VRay coupled is a really dreamy combination, one I really look forward to using with Archicad. I am doing tests with FBX, but having a "Export to Datasmith" within Twinmotion would right now be an amazing thing, considering ( and oversimplifying here ) it is possible to use Twinmotion to set up the model with great ease.

Comment

Originally posted by kenpimentel View Post
                  We are working with Graphisoft to validate a pathway from Archicad to UE4. Right now, people are using FBX and SKP. In 4.23, there will be IFC and C4D import in UE4, so two new methods will open up.
                  Will there be a preview version of 4.23? At the moment it's the right time for me to test the IFC import and also C4D

Comment

we expect a preview in about 1 month
                    Pierre-Felix Breton

Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

Is there any message about AC to UE4 through DATASMITH ?

Comment

We started working on it!
                        Pierre-Felix Breton

Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

✨✨
                          Christmas!
                          Christmas!
                          Architect with Archicad

Comment

I had a dream last night that you combined the best parts of Twinmotion and Datasmith and released it as a kind of editor mode in the standard UE4 editor, in a similar way to Adobe programs have UI presets, with the idea that the user has optional complexity, from simple good to go in 10 minutes workflows to a project with all the flexibility of a full blown ue4 based game.

That's going to come true right?
                            George Rolfe.
                            Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Working...
                            X