Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archicad to Unreal Studio pipeline update

Hi!
    Just wondering if I could get an uodate on the development (if any) towards creating an import/datasmith/synchronization for Archicad - Unreal.

I have filled out the survey for the topic but have not heard much since.

If this feature becomes available I will be implementing Unreal into all my visualisation requirements, The Unreal Engine + Vray is a complete selling point to cover everything from imaging all the way through to immersive VR, the only thing preventing me making the switch from other visualisation software is the lack of a simple export into Unreal.

Any updates from the dev team would be much appreciated, as would anyone using Archicad>Unreal already that has a viable workflow they use without involving yet another piece of software (3dsmax etc).

Thank you kindly!
    Archicad 22 User.
    Macbook Pro 2017 13inch 2.3ghz i5, 8gb Ram 256gb SSD, 8gb Radeon Pro 580 EGPU

I'd be interested to know this too.
    George Rolfe.
    Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

We plan to do IFC first, then Archicad. How would IFC work for you as a start?
      Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Manager AEC, Unreal Engine Enterprise
      Epic Games - LinkedIn

Unreal Studio Documentation
      Unreal Studio Technical Support
      Report Unreal Studio Bugs

Comment

IFC is a good start, indeed.
        The only badpoint is that IFc is not a real working format, more a communication tool, I think.
        It will act as a good I/O option, waiting for the direct archicad / datasmith workflow.
        Architect with Archicad

Comment

IFC export on largish projects can be painfully slow - slower than a 3ds export to 3dsmax then on to unreal so I doubt we'd use it unfortunately. This is based on my last experience with it though so I'll try to get back to you with some actual numbers comparing the two.
          George Rolfe.
          Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

Ok it's not too bad, on this 3 story residential project, 3ds took 16s to export and IFC took 30s.

Comment

What do you think about using the Archicad Cinerender exporter to publish a C4D file and then use our new C4D importer (in beta)?
              Sr. Product Manager
              Epic Games

Comment

Originally posted by OrbitSolutions View Post
                Ok it's not too bad, on this 3 story residential project, 3ds took 16s to export and IFC took 30s.
                One of the main aspect into this is to check that the Archicad exporter handles data nicely (instancing, pivots, uvs etc). Our IFC prototype seems to work really well so far with those (well made) IFC files. More tests need to be done.

Pierre-Felix Breton

Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

Hope to see this soon, any date of posible release of this plug in? im having a hard time finding a way to export my archicad models to unreal

Comment

our hope is with 4.23
                    Pierre-Felix Breton

Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

bay the way, i would take the oprotunity to ask how is the proper way to export my Archicad model to unreal at this moment?

Comment

For the moment, the best way to work with archicad and unreal is to export in FBX (with the native Twinmotion export) and directly import in Unreal engine.
                        Architect with Archicad

Comment

Originally posted by Glaag View Post
                          For the moment, the best way to work with archicad and unreal is to export in FBX (with the native Twinmotion export) and directly import in Unreal engine.
                          how do you manage the light maps, im having some issues with them, thnaks by the way!!!

Comment

"Some issues" is a gentle word It's a nightmare. I didn't find any other way than rebuild all the lighting into unreal.
                            Architect with Archicad

Comment

Have you guys tried to export Archicad project to sketchup and use sketchup datasmith exporter?

Comment

Working...
                              X