No jacketing option in viewport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No jacketing option in viewport

The docs seem to suggest that there is a jacketing function in 4.21. I'm in 21.1, I have a part I've imported from Solidworks, it's brought it in as a bunch of static meshes. I've selected them all, per the instructions in the docs: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/Studio/Datasmith/HowTo/Jacketing but I'm not seeing the option in the right click menu, either in the viewport or the world outliner:

David Little
    UI/UX Engineer
    BWP

It looks like this is in the Multi-User Viewer template, right?
    There is currently a bug in that template that is causing mesh editing operations to be hidden.

Open the .uproject file in a text editor, and find the place where it says:

Code:
            {
                "Name": "StaticMeshEditorExtension",
                "Enabled": false
            },
    Change the "Enabled": false to true, and restart the editor. I bet the Jacketing menu option will reappear.

Comment

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks!
      David Little
      UI/UX Engineer
      BWP

Comment

Originally posted by Ro-Su- View Post
        It looks like this is in the Multi-User Viewer template, right?
        There is currently a bug in that template that is causing mesh editing operations to be hidden.
        Can I ask what happens when 4.22 is released and presumably this bug is fixed?

Do we have to create new projects from the templates and copy all files over, or is there another method of updating existing projects based on your templates?

Comment

Originally posted by roberteker View Post

Can I ask what happens when 4.22 is released and presumably this bug is fixed?

Do we have to create new projects from the templates and copy all files over, or is there another method of updating existing projects based on your templates?
          You don't have to wait for 4.22. Just edit the uproject in notepad with the above
          Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Designer AEC, Unreal Engine
          Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

Logged as UE-67740 here! Thanks for reporting.
            Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Designer AEC, Unreal Engine
            Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by pf_breton View Post

You don't have to wait for 4.22. Just edit the uproject in notepad with the above
              Yes, sorry but my question was more of a general statement. Datasmith users will likely want to base their projects on your provided templates and probably do much less customization than your average game studio. I was just wondering if there was a procedure for updating a template included in a project when a new version arrives with an Engine update from Epic (or even a notification that a template indeed has been updated).

Comment

Your existing projects that you created with 4.21 won't get updated with that fix automatically. You'd have to go and make the correction in their .uproject files. Once you create a project from a template, that project is entirely its own copy that doesn't "pull in" any new changes that get made to the template it was based on.

But any new project you create in 4.22 (assuming the bug is fixed) will have the corrected behavior.

Comment

I'm experiencing the same issue using 4.22 release and 4.23 preview, the jacketing option just doesn't appear. On my friends computer everything works fine, but myself and another person have failed to get it working.

My .uproject file doesn`t have a StaticMeshEditorExtension option I have manually added it just in case (if I add it to the same parenteshis the .uproject remains valid but nothing changes, otherwise the .uproject crashes).

I have uploaded both SS, this editor is the 4.23 but it's not working on 4.22 either

Attached Files

Comment

I'm experiencing the same issue using 4.22 release and 4.23 preview, the jacketing option just doesn't appear. On my friends computer everything works fine, but myself and another person have failed to get it working.

My .uproject file doesn`t have a StaticMeshEditorExtension option I have manually added it just in case (if I add it to the same parenteshis the .uproject remains valid but nothing changes, otherwise the .uproject crashes).

I have uploaded both SS, this editor is the 4.23 but it's not working on 4.22 either
                    I think I can see the problem; you also have no Datasmith button on the menu bar in the screenshots; is the project an Unreal Studio project? And is your user account signed up for Unreal Studio?
                    Charlie Morris
                    Technology Research Analyst

Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
                    www.rsh-p.com

Comment

I
                      Originally posted by Charlie.Morris View Post

I think I can see the problem; you also have no Datasmith button on the menu bar in the screenshots; is the project an Unreal Studio project? And is your user account signed up for Unreal Studio?
                      Perfect, that was it.

All you have to do is singup for Unreal Studio and manually install the plugin to the desired editor. Worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot Charlie.Morris
                      Last edited by Tialtionator; 07-23-2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X