Datasmith plugin grayed out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datasmith plugin grayed out

I can't enable Datasmith importer plugin in my project - it's a normal desktop quality surrounding for my architectural design. Project was created in 4.21 version, my current engine version is 4.21.1. When I create a new project it is enabled from the same start. I would like to avoid setting everything all over again from scratch.

#1 - On the Launcher > Unreal Engine > Library tab. Click on "Installed Plugins" under the 4.21 engine slot, and make sure that Unreal Datasmith is listed. (if not, install the Datasmith plugin)

#2 - Open the project in the Unreal Editor. Go to Edit > Plugins > Unreal Studio. Look for a small prompt near the bottom saying that you are not using an Unreal Studio project. Choose the "Convert and Restart" option.

I hope either of these helps.
    Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

Thank you, the second solution worked for me.

Comment

also second one for me in 4.22.1

Comment

Thank you for the solution

Comment

Thank you for the solution

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post
              #1 - On the Launcher > Unreal Engine > Library tab. Click on "Installed Plugins" under the 4.21 engine slot, and make sure that Unreal Datasmith is listed. (if not, install the Datasmith plugin)

#2 - Open the project in the Unreal Editor. Go to Edit > Plugins > Unreal Studio. Look for a small prompt near the bottom saying that you are not using an Unreal Studio project. Choose the "Convert and Restart" option.

I hope either of these helps.
              Yes! this worked for me.thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X