Announcing Optim | Visualize, Optimize, and Customize your real-time workflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniele Barone View Post

good morning, I have not yet received an invitation to enter the beta.
    Did I do something wrong or do I still have to wait?
    Hi Daniele,
    Thanks for your interest and patience. In this stage of Optim's testing, not everyone is guaranteed a seat. We do hope to keep expanding our alpha group to include as many people as possible in the coming month.
    Stephen Phillips
    @3DStephen
    Co-Founder | CTO
    Theia Interactive

Comment

Happy New Year everyone!

There's good news for those interested in the alpha. Over the next few weeks, we will be inviting more users, so stay tuned. For those already in the alpha, thank you for all of the feedback so far!

We at Theia have been extremely busy over the past few months making Optim even more amazing! The Optim API and GUI have been streamlined. What this means is that feature implementation, updates, and hotfixes will happen much more quickly. In addition to that, it has introduced a massive speed increase across the board. Along with what Optim already sported, we've incorporated some new and exciting features for users to leverage. Lastly, we've made sure to keep user feedback in mind as we redesigned the application workflow and set our internal roadmap.

If anyone has any features they would love to see included into Optim, feel free to suggest them. We'll check it out!

New features:
      • Redesigned UI
        • More user friendly
        • First steps to multi-threading taken
        • Added support links
      • Unreal Engine 4.21 Support
      • CAD File Support
        • CATIA, Sketchup, Solidworks tested
        • More CAD options will be available soon
      • Updated Geometry Options
        • Jacketing & Defeaturing (4.21+)
        • Lightmap Resolution Assignments
        • LOD Improvements
        • Merging/Grouping Improvements
      • Updated Rule Options
        • Saving and loading implemented
        • Rule toggle implemented
      • Bright light fix

Coming soon:
      • Material reassignment
      • Geometry instancing redesign
      • Better (and more) graphs and statistics
      • Dynamic sidebar
      • Settings page
      • Level and lighting options

Screenshots:

Last edited by Dylan.Amos; 01-13-2019, 06:58 PM.
      Dylan Amos
      Lead Technical Artist | Lead Optim Developer
      Theia Interactive

Customize and Optimize your Datasmith & CAD files with Optim

Comment

Thanks blackisyto!

Yes, it's a Python based plugin that is accessed and functions inside of Unreal Engine.
        Dylan Amos
        Theia Interactive

Comment

The open beta is now available for Optim. For more information, head over to theia.io/optim.

Overview
          Since our last update, we've introduced some pretty exciting features. More geometry filters, material previews and reassignment, light intensity options, level configuration, and a whole lot more. You can check out our release notes for more information.

Every week Optim is improving. New features implemented, bugs squashed, stability improvements put into place, and more. We couldn't have come this far without our Alpha testers who have provided invaluable feedback. Now, we are looking for more feedback during the open beta stage. Sign up, download, and take Optim for a test drive. If anyone has any feature requests and/or feedback, feel free to post here, or send us a ticket at on our Feedback & Support page.

Datasmith/CAD Support:

Datasmith is fully supported, and we are improving our CAD support each week.

New Feature Highlights:

Geometry
          • Updated rule cards
          • New filters
            • Name
            • Size
            • Triangle Count
            • Metadata
            • Materials
          • New Filter comparators
            • Contains
            • Doesn't contain
            • Starts with
            • Doesn't start with
            • Ends with
            • Doesn't end with
            • Regex (Regular Expression Syntax)

Material:
          • Material previews
          • Ability to reassign imported materials to Unreal content browser materials
          • Information page

Lighting:
          • Preview cards now available
          • Normalize, reset and adjust light intensities
          • 100% similar lights grouped into a single card
            • This allows bulk light editing

Coming soon:
          • More CAD support
          • Data-visualization overhaul
          • GUI performance upgrade
          • Geometry replacement
          • Multi-selection for Material reassignment
          • Post-import light management
          • Re-import support
          Last edited by Dylan.Amos; 03-20-2019, 04:17 PM.
          Dylan Amos
          Theia Interactive

Comment

I installed version 0.24.6 of optim on unreal 4.21.2 and opened a project in a unreal studio.
            The plug-in seems to be up and running, I attach the screen's stamp, but if I click on the icon it does nothing.
            Did I do something wrong? should you start right?
            Attached Files
            Daniele Barone
            Freelance 3D Linkedin

Comment

Hello Daniele!

Optim requires the Python plugin to be enabled in order to function properly. You can find it via Unreal Engine Editor -> Edit -> Plugins -> Scripting -> Python Editor Script Plugin. You can find more information on our Configuring your Unreal Engine project to use Optim documentation page. If you are still experiencing issues, or have any questions, feedback, or feature requests, feel free to send us a ticket at apps.theia.io/support.
              Dylan Amos
              Theia Interactive

Comment

Python is active, I followed your guide to install.
                Now I send a ticket to the link you have attached to me.
                Daniele Barone
                Freelance 3D Linkedin

Comment

It was my mistake.
                  I was sure I had activated the python plug-in but it wasn't.
                  Now everything works fine.
                  Daniele Barone
                  Freelance 3D Linkedin

Comment

Good day! Please tell me an example of creating rules. Very interested in architectural visualization

Comment

Thank you for reaching out Konstantin. We are currently in the process of writing out detailed information about everything Optim related, especially for rules. I've responded to your ticket with more detailed information.

For those interested, the documentation for Optim can be located here
                      Dylan Amos
                      Theia Interactive

Comment

Hello, when I install Optim, I don't see the option for UE4.22 (anymore). Will there be an update soon?

Furthermore, in my first attempt I couldn't successfully open the plug-in from the editor. It turned out I had to be connected to the internet ( I wasn't). Maybe you can add a warning dialog for this, or mention this in the documentation.

Good luck with the development, I really see big benefits in your product.

Comment

Heya Spinaze!

We have just released a new Optim update, Beta v0.24.10, that has an added option to install the Unreal Engine 4.22 Optim plugin.

As for the lack of internet connection notifications, this was definitely not intentional. We have addressed this by mentioning it in our Configuring your Unreal Engine for Optim and FAQ documents. We will also be adding in a warning dialog in the next Optim update. Thank you for notifying us of this issue!

Speaking of documentation, we have overhauled our documentation website. A new design, better navigation, and many more articles have been added. The new documentation site can be found here. We will be adding more documentation week by week.

And lastly, we appreciate the kind words! Look forward to news about the next large update soon
                          Last edited by Dylan.Amos; 04-30-2019, 05:03 PM.
                          Dylan Amos
                          Theia Interactive

Comment

Guys. This is beautiful. You bring tears to my eyes. Datasmith is a nightmare up til now.

Comment

Heya Iwjacob,

Thanks for the kind words!

As a heads up, we'll be releasing a massive feature & ui update here within the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
                              Dylan Amos
                              Theia Interactive

Comment

Theia Interactive is excited to announce that Optim will officially be launching in less than a month!

Optim will officially launch on November 19th at Autodesk University in Las Vegas. More details regarding the release will be coming in the next few weeks.

In the meantime we have released a massive update for everyone in the Optim open beta which includes:
                                • A completely refreshed UI based around the user experience and feedback.
                                • A revised and expanded backend to speed up file processing.
                                • And many new features!
                                You can find out more information on the Optim website and in our release notes.

Finally, the development team would like to take this opportunity to thank all the companies and individuals who have been participating in the open beta. Your feedback has been invaluable and we couldn't have made it this far without all of you!
                                Dylan Amos
                                Theia Interactive

Comment

Working...
                                X