Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Asset User Data after import via Datasmith 4.20

Hi Guys,

As the title of the question implies I'm not getting any Asset User Data from my model after importing via Datasmith 4.20.

I've tested it on several different models and can see the information in 3DS Max 2017 but it doesn't show after import to Unreal 4.20. (Please see the image)

Any idea what the issue is or what I'm doing wrong?

revit 2017 - save file - 3ds max 2017 - link revit - export via datasmith 4.20 - import to unreal 4.20 studio

I take no other steps, I'm working on workflows and need the process to be easy.

Unreal says: Using Datasmith Metadata

Appreciate any insight you can give me.

Chris

Weird it should be as straight forward as you did.

can you open the Datasmith file in notepad and see if the metadata is in it? That would let us understand if the issue is on the import side or the export side.
    Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Designer AEC, Unreal Engine
    Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by pf_breton View Post
      Weird it should be as straight forward as you did.

can you open the Datasmith file in notepad and see if the metadata is in it? That would let us understand if the issue is on the import side or the export side.
      No It doesn't look like it is?

As a side note I'm currently trying to use 2019 Autodesk products to see if that has any effect on the result but can't seem to install the plugin/exporter...

UPDATE: No issues using Autodesk 2019 - Both Revit and 3DS Max. I can get the metadata.
      UPDATE 2: No issues at work with 2017 autodesk products, I'll try a re-install at home.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by MorphusOne; 07-29-2018, 03:27 AM.

Comment

The attached Datasmith file was generated with 0.18. That’s outdated.... uninstall the export plugin and reinstall the latest one
        Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Designer AEC, Unreal Engine
        Epic Games - LinkedIn

Comment

Working...
        X