Datasmith Entitlement Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datasmith Entitlement Error

Hey, I'm trying to import some geometry into Unreal Studio using Datasmith, but it keeps giving me the attached error about my account not having entitlements to import datasmith files. I followed the troubleshooting instructions here, and I also tried re-verifying the install, with no luck... As you can see, both the engine + Datasmith are installed... any ideas? Would really appreciate any help, thank you!

UPDATE: I made it worse by trying to reinstall Datasmith--it completely removed the option to install it from my library. So I tried using a new account and starting fresh, now it works!

Comment

Hi.

I just want to note that I pulled up your details for your andreigeorgescu account, and you haven't signed up for Unreal Studio with it, so it genuinely does not have the necessary permissions to use Datasmith.

I would guess that you had used a different account to originally install Datasmith, but then logged in to the Launcher with the same account you are using here on the forums.

I'm glad you're up and running on a new account though.
      Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

Working...
      X