Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple (more than two) gpus for Unreal Studio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple (more than two) gpus for Unreal Studio.

Hello all, Im working with a small team with experimental VR features for one of the big car brands. Ive tasked with exploring Unreal Studio capability. I have many questions but one I cant find a proper answer to yet is how well Unreal Handles multiple gpus. how does it scale? The CAD assemblies were working with contains at least 9000 to 10000 parts each and buying 4, 8 10 or more gpus is no cost for my department, as long as there are proven improved results. Does it work out of the box? Is there custom coding of source code that can help, or is nvidia plugins enough to work with?

Thank you all for your answers!

SLI isn't supported on Unreal.

I've heard that will change on 4.20+, but I didn't see yet any official info nor if that is relevant for in-Editor or just for packaged projects.
    Without official info, I just still consider it isn't supported at all.
    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Thank you for your answer Bruno, I should add also of course, that its for VR purposes only. As ive understood it its not supported by epic, but nvidias vrworks (or gameworks https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...FrameRendering) But that documentation is unclear about how it scales and implements. Is for example 10 gpus 10 times better (which i guess its definitively not). Or maybe i have misunderstood and its no longer supported at all, neither for packeged or in-editor.

Comment

'AFR' won't work on editor.
        Most likely won't work on packaged app either unless you strike a deal with NVidia to implement it for you.
        | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Working...
        X