Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, good to know that you are working on it! I'll give a try to the vray for ue beta also, thanks for pointing that out. Anyway the materials part of the test was just to observe the behaviour of the exporter on a scene that has some vray brdf materials on it.

Thank you so much for your answer!

Comment

Played a bit with the preview. Saw some nice improvements for sure.

I still wasn't able to import an Inventor assembly file that had sub-assemblies inside it though. This time it throws an error that it failed to import and to view the output log for information, but it didn't say anything about a cause. Single assembly files still work fine.

Curious if I should resubmit a bug report? I already had one in there from 4.19 and wouldn't want to double up.

Comment

No improvements on inventor has been done this round but we’re going back to it for 4.21
        Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Manager AEC, Unreal Engine Enterprise
        Epic Games - LinkedIn

Unreal Studio Documentation
        Unreal Studio Technical Support
        Report Unreal Studio Bugs

Comment

Originally posted by spazfirem View Post
          Played a bit with the preview. Saw some nice improvements for sure.

I still wasn't able to import an Inventor assembly file that had sub-assemblies inside it though. This time it throws an error that it failed to import and to view the output log for information, but it didn't say anything about a cause. Single assembly files still work fine.

Curious if I should resubmit a bug report? I already had one in there from 4.19 and wouldn't want to double up.
          How about submitting a defect report to the support team and include links to your forum post + relevant files? We can then work together privately to increase the quality of data you get with inventor models.
          Pierre-Felix Breton

Sr Technical Product Manager AEC, Unreal Engine Enterprise
          Epic Games - LinkedIn

Unreal Studio Documentation
          Unreal Studio Technical Support
          Report Unreal Studio Bugs

Comment

Originally posted by pf_breton View Post

How about submitting a defect report to the support team and include links to your forum post + relevant files? We can then work together privately to increase the quality of data you get with inventor models.
            Will do. Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

pf_breton Just fyi, been trying to post that report few times over the course of the day. It never actually gets submitted though, not sure if the site is having problems or something.

Comment

235/5000
                Hello
                Can a static mesh be converted into a stationary (or movable) mesh in order to have a good lightmap result?
                I ask because I had a bad result with a static mesh and when I switched to movable, it does not have lightmap result.

Comment

Movable objects don't get baked AFAIK.
                  Sr. Product Manager
                  Epic Games

Comment

The Exporter plugins for 3ds Max and Sketchup have been updated today to go along with 4.20 Preview 3.

You can download them from here - https://www.unrealengine.com/studio/downloads
                    Stephen Ellis | @TheEpicStephen
                    Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                    X