X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CityEngine Datasmith Export does not work properly

Hello,

I am using CityEngine 2018 with Unreal Studio 4.19

I used the Get Map Data to bring in real world terrain (DEM) along with a aerial texture. In studio, the buildings and roads show up properly with or without the CityEngine Unreal Studio Template.

However, the elevation or the textures from satilite imagery does not appear in studio level.

Am I doing something wrong? I was expecting what I see in CityEngine to appear the same in Studio.

Thx,
    -mL

shaegler might know what is going on. I'm sure the CE template could be doing things that are different enough that the data does not appear the same in both. Maybe you can post some pictures of what you're seeing?
    Sr. Product Manager
    Epic Games

Comment

Hi

Currently the Datasmith export from CityEngine does not support terrains, so the easiest way to get terrain into Unreal is via FBX (export the terrain layer as FBX with the same global offset as the normal Datasmith export and when importing the FBX file into Unreal check "convert scene unit"). With CityEngine 2018.1 we will provide a workaround with some manual steps involved to get terrain Layers from CityEngine into Unreal Landscapes. Maybe in the future Datasmith will support Landscapes natively so no more manual steps will be required.

Best,
      Benjamin Esri R&D Zurich

Comment

Originally posted by bneukom View Post
        Hi

Currently the Datasmith export from CityEngine does not support terrains, so the easiest way to get terrain into Unreal is via FBX (export the terrain layer as FBX with the same global offset as the normal Datasmith export and when importing the FBX file into Unreal check "convert scene unit"). With CityEngine 2018.1 we will provide a workaround with some manual steps involved to get terrain Layers from CityEngine into Unreal Landscapes. Maybe in the future Datasmith will support Landscapes natively so no more manual steps will be required.

Best,
        Benjamin Esri R&D Zurich
        Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for the precisions. Do you know when CityEngine 2018.1 can be expected ?

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
        X